Under the framework of the Poverty Environment Action for the Sustainable Development Goals (PEA), UNDP and UNEP will organize a series of 90-minute webinars from 11 November to 8 December 2021, together with other UN agencies and development partners.
Eradicating poverty in all its forms and dimensions, including extreme poverty, is the greatest global challenge facing the world today and an overarching objective of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The focus of PEA is on deepening and broadening poverty-environment mainstreaming and aligning finance and investment with poverty, environment and climate objectives, in the face of the changing forms and conditions of poverty found in the world today.
The PEA webinar series will address a wide range of themes, encompassing:
- Eliminating poverty and enhancing environmental sustainability through PEA’s Integrated Approach
- Green financing in private investment
- Global webinar on Blue Economy
- Financial crises, poverty and environmental sustainability in the context of SDGs and COVID-19
- Greening budget and greening public finance management: Supporting national partners in prioritizing environment and climate change objectives
- Presenting the helpdesk to country partners
These webinars are free and planned to attract diverse international audiences of 300 participants each, drawn from UN agencies, private sector, PEA member states and stakeholders specialized in the public-private finance and related fields. Representatives from communities and organizations that supported the implementation of PEA are also expected. The webinars will provide platforms for sharing lessons learned and responses during the implementation of the project.
To register or for more inforamtion on the webinar series, please visit here.