UNDP Annual Report 2008: Capacity Development: Empowering People and InstitutionsPublished on 10 May 2008 2MB
In early 2007, the world economy was still in its third year of exceptionally rapid growth, progress which has had a positive impact on poverty reduction in general. By mid-2007, however, it was clear that developing countries would have to respond to a great deal of uncertainty in the global economy. The 2008 Annual Report details UNDP’s engagements in supporting countries to develop the capacity of their people and institutions to improve lives and accelerate human development.
- In 2007, the Democratic Governance Thematic Trust Fund provided support to 130 projects around the world, allocating over $16 million to innovative initiatives.
- In December 2007, the UN Climate Change Conference in Bali, Indonesia assembled more than 10,000 participants from over 180 countries to plan the way forward. The conference led to a number of forward-looking decisions including the Bali Action Plan, which set the terms for new negotiations around climate change.
Download this Document
Full report (2MB)
English | French | Spanish
- Improving lives through capacity development English | French | Spanish
- UNDP's role in the UN development system English | French | Spanish
- UNDP programmes: capacity development in action English | French | Spanish
- Strong institutions, inclusive growth: poverty reduction and achievement of the MDGs English | French | Spanish
- Empowering citizens for development: democratic governance English | French | Spanish
- Strengthening capacity to surmount vulnerability : crisis prevention and recovery English | French | Spanish
- Greening growth: environment and sustainable development English | French | Spanish
- Developing capacities to deliver results English | French | Spanish
- UNDP resources English | French | Spanish