Results at a glance
Development progress in numbers (2014-2016)
- 24.7 million people (51 percent women) benefited from improved livelihoods initiatives in 119 countries, including economic transformation, natural resource management and early recover.
- Over 2 million new jobs (36 percent for women) were created in 98 countries.
- 35 countries developed action plans to address unfinished Millennium Development Goals work and transition to the sustainable development goals.
- 94 countries implemented measures towards low-emission and climate-resilient development.
Inclusive and effective democratic governance
- Nearly 75 million new voters registered in 40 countries.
- Over 3.2 million people (51 percent women) in 35 countries gained access to legal aid services.
- 2 million people in 22 countries received antiretroviral treatment.
- 27.6 million people took part in HIV-related behavioural change communication initiatives in 24 countries.
- 1,239 disaster reduction and adaptation plans were put into place at national and subnational levels in 58 countries.
- 38 countries adopted enforceable laws or regulations to address disaster and climate risks.
- More than 5.3 million people had improved access to energy in 50 countries.
- 240 early warning systems were established in 30 countries at all levels of government and community.
- 481 plans and programmes informed by multi-hazard national and subnational disaster and climate risk assessments in 36 countries.