Vocational and Business Skills Training and Support Project
The Vocational and Business Skills Training and Support project aims to empower rural young women and men with vocational, technical and business skills, and nurture an entrepreneurship culture to enhance their employability and productive engagement in economic and local recovery activities. These efforts will contribute to and complement the overall collective efforts for economic recovery and livelihood restoration for improved well-being and resilience among Yemenis.
The main objective of the project is to help Yemenis improve their livelihoods and access inclusive productive services.
- Activity Result 1: 490 households benefit from training on agro-business food processing
- Activity Result 2: 355 youth and women trained on textile and handloom production
- Activity Result 3: 190 youth and women trained on technical skills (car mechanics, carpentry, mobile phone and appliances maintenance)
- 1,039 participants (749 women) received business skills training.
- 490 participants (454 women) received training and in-kind grants under the food processing component,
- 356 participants (256 women) received training and in-kind grants under the textiles and handloom production component, and
- 194 participants (36 women) received training and in-kind grants under the vocational training component.
United Nations Development Programme
King Salman Humanitarian Aid Relief Centre
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PRO
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS