Oslo Governance Centre
Cohort IV: Climate-related security risks and sustaining peace
UNDP OGC along with Folke Bernadotte Academy co-hosted the fourth cohort on the topic of ‘Climate-related security risks and sustaining peace’ from 2–6 December 2019 in Stockholm.
Selected Fellows working at the country level explored this topic in-depth and generated new insights and knowledge on this topic.
This Cohort gave the Fellows an opportunity to reflect on their work supporting climate security and sustaining peace at the local and national level, identify both the added value and challenges that they have observed, and come up with recommendations for strengthening this important workstream.
For more information please write to Aseem Andrews at email@example.com
Read about what the Fellows were focussing on between 2-6 December, 2019 in Stockholm:
Read about who participated in the 4th cohort of the PDA Fellowship:
Issue Briefs from PDA Fellowship Cohort IV:
- Assessing potential climate-related security risks in the Maldives: Exploring the future climate-induced migration by Nasheeth Thoha
- Addressing climate change–related security risks: The experience of a regional special political mission by Ngozi Amu
- Jordan’s climate-related security risks: A challenge to achieving the 2030 agenda by Anne Hagood
- Preventing transhumance-related intercommunity conflict in Chad: Towards a climate-sensitive conflict analysis by Patrick McCarthy
- Exploring the pathways from climate-related risks to conflict and the humanitarian- development-peace nexus as an integrated response: Guatemala case study by Santiago Daroca Oller
- Climate-related security risks and sustaining peace: An analytical lens: Strategic advantages for the Country Common Analysis by Giordando Segneri
- Addressing the climate change insecurity challenge in Nigeria and the Lake Chad Basin by Zebulon Suifon Takwa
- Climate-related security risks and violent crime in Caribbean “frontier” coastal communities: issues, challenges and policy options by Kehinde Bolaji
- Integrating climate change and conflict early warning: A project proposal by Mads Knudsen
- Understanding climate-related security risks in Bangladesh by Madeline Brennan
UNU Policy Brief drawing on the above - mentioned Issue Briefs of the Cohort IV: