It is our great pleasure to invite you to the UNDP Oslo Governance Centre (OGC) Virtual Roundtable “No Silver Bullet: Using data to develop context-sensitive solutions to disinformation”.
Date: Thursday 3 December 2020
Time: 3:30 – 5:00 PM CET
In 2020 UNDP OGC, with financial support of the Government of Norway, launched the Information Pollution Mapping Programme aimed at understanding what is motivating disinformation and how it is being produced and disseminated across different socio-political contexts.
During this virtual roundtable two of the eight UNDP Country Offices, who have so far participated in the program, will share their preliminary key findings to a panel of policy makers, academics and media. The panel will then analyze and discuss the findings, and identify ways to create a healthier and public interest focused internet – and by extension a more constructive and democratic information ecosystem.
Please register here.
The roundtable will be moderated by Niamh Hanafin, Senior Advisor Information Integrity Oslo Governance Centre.
- Marte Ziolkowski. State Secretary at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Norway
- Ulrika Modéer, Assistant Secretary General & Director BERA UNDP
- Marcela Rios, Deputy Resident Representative, UNDP Chile
- Vrouyr Joubanian, Head of Experimentation, UNDP Lebanon
- Charlotte Biswas, Deputy Director & Head of Governance, Open Societies & Anti-Corruption, UK FCDO
- Joan Donovan, Research Director at Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics & Public Policy
- Bente Kalsnes Associated Professor at the Department of Communication, Kristiania University College
- Helje Solberg, News Director at NRK & Chair of Faktisk
Closing remarks by Malin Herwig, Director, a.i. Oslo Governance Centre
If you have any questions, please contact Niamh Hanafin (Niamh.firstname.lastname@example.org).