One of the main reasons that UNDP is a trusted development partner all over the world is because it operates according to the principles and values of the United Nations. That means respecting each country’s control over its own future, while bringing countries together to work on shared goals and challenges. The UNDP Executive Board is made up of representatives from 36 countries around the world who serve on a rotating basis. Through its Bureau, consisting of representatives from five regional groups, the Board oversees and supports the activities of UNDP, ensuring that the organization remains responsive to the evolving needs of programme countries.
The sessions of the Executive Board are now PaperSmart. Session documents will continue to be available for downloading electronically through the existing ‘Documents’ page, and will also be available on the PaperSmart portal.
- Tentative workplan for the first regular session 2017 (as of 9 September 2016)
- Decisions adopted by the Executive Board in 2016
- Independent and external assessment on the consistency and alignment of cost recovery with General Assembly resolution 67/226
- Information on cost recovery related matters (7 September 2016)
- Report on the implementation of the decisions and recommendations of the Programme Coordinating Board of the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS
The Executive Board Secretariat
The Executive Board secretariat facilitates the work of the Board by reviewing and editing all documentation for submission to the Board. It makes logistical arrangements for three Board meetings each year and provides information and other support services to Board members.