announced that most of the proceeds of UNDP's annual Match Against Poverty will go towards addressing the ongoing food crisis in the Horn of Africa.
International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
Sustainable human development is at the heart of UNDP’s work. Economic growth will not produce jobs and cut poverty unless it is inclusive and unless the needs of the poor and marginalised are at the centre of development priorities. Research shows that when men and women have equal opportunities and freedoms, economic growth accelerates and poverty declines more rapidly. UNDP thus works with developing countries to integrate the standards and principles of human rights such as non-discrimination, participation and accountability in design and implementation of development policies and programmes. Our work on poverty reduction, democratic governance and environmental sustainability goes hand in hand.
Take One Action Against Poverty
Are you a do-gooder in your community, a people-empowerer, a resilient-nation-builder, a soup kitchen volunteer, a clothes-donator, a fair-trade-products-buyer, a waste-recycler? Share your story with us & inspire others!
Join 7 Billion People | 7 Billion Actions
Everyone has an opportunity and a responsibility to make a world of 7 billion a better place for all of us. Share your story how you are making a difference in your community – and globally.
News on Poverty Eradication
- 08 Apr 2016:UNDP graphic novel sheds light on issues affecting Roma women
- 14 Mar 2016:Morocco is fighting climate change with Liquid Gold
- 03 Mar 2016:UNDP supports Costa Rica’s pineapple sector to take critical steps towards sustainability
- 18 Nov 2015:Magdy Martínez-Solimán: Statement delivered at the 40th Anniversary of IFPRI- IFPRI at 40: :Looking back, Looking forward
- 12 Nov 2015:UN Development Chief: Tackling Root Causes of Migration Critical to Ending Crisis