- Business Call to Action aims to accelerate progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by challenging companies to develop inclusive business models that engage people at the base of the economic pyramid – people with less than US$8 per day in purchasing power – as consumers, producers, suppliers and distributors of goods and services. www.businesscalltoaction.org
- Connecting Business initiative supports connecting private sector networks into disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness, response and recovery. www.connectingbusinessinitiative.org
- SDG Philanthropy Platform is helping philathropy to engage in the global development agenda. www.SDGfunders.org
- Green Commodties Programme works in eleven countries to help address the sustainability problems of vital commodities such as palm oil, cocoa, coffee, pineapple, fisheries, soy and beef. Rethinking the way our world produces and distributes food is central to addressing rural poverty as well as slowing deforestation and climate change. While governments and other stakeholders are making important investments in this area, they are increasingly aware that no single group can meet this complex challenge alone. www.undp.org/content/gcp
- UNDP Extractive Sector project UNDP’s mission is to ensure that natural wealth is used to improve people’s lives. We work with governments, the private sector, civil society, academia, local communities and other affected groups to realise this mission. www.undp.org/extractiveindustries.org
- African Facility for Inclusive Markets accelerates progress toward the Sustainable Development Goals by supporting the development of inclusive, pro-poor markets across Africa. www.undp.org/africa/privatesector
- The MDG Carbon Facility offers a comprehensive one-stop shop of services for companies, government agencies and non-governmental organizations that wish to develop greenhouse gas emission reduction projects.
More information on MDG Carbon Facility
- The Montreal Protocol Programme assists private enterprises in converting manufacturing lines and equipment servicing to ozone-friendly technologies and substances. In addition, the programme actively pursues economically and technically feasible measures of reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Malawi Innovation Challenge Fund is a new and innovative way to support private sector development. It is an US$ 8 million fund supported by UNDP and the UK Department for International Development (DFID). Businesses within the agricultural and manufacturing sectors of Malawi can compete for grant funding for innovative projects that can deliver large social impact and help the country diversify from its narrow band of exports. The first Agriculture and Manufacturing window closed on the 23rd of May 2014. More information on Malawi Innovation Challenge Fund
- Global Compact networks bring together companies and local partners to promote corporate social responsibility and provide networking opportunities for business and development actors. UNDP facilitates Global Compact local networks in many countries. More information on Global Compact