UNDP Civil Society Advisory Committee
The UNDP Civil Society Advisory Committee (CSAC) is an advisory body of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). Established in 2000 to systematize the consultation process between UNDP and civil society actors at the global level, the CSAC currently functions as the main institutional mechanism for dialogue between civil society leaders and UNDP senior management.
By contributing independent perspectives and critical analyses on different aspects of UNDP´s work, the CSAC has had, over the years, a significant positive impact on the organization. Among other things, this resulted in a strengthening of the civic engagement dimension of UNDP’s policies and programmes, as well as in greater collaboration between UNDP and a broad range of civil society constituencies.
The CSAC meets annually in New York. Members serve on the Committee in an individual capacity, for an average period of three years.
Advisory Committee members
Current Advisory Committee members include:
[click here to view CSAC Members' biographies]
- Radhika Balakrishnan (India/USA): Faculty Director - Center for Women's Global Leadership, Center for Women's Global Leadership at Rutgers University
- Maria Baron (Argentina): Executive Director- Directorio Legislativo
- Naiara Costa (Brazil): Director – Together 2030 International Secretariat
- Vladimir Cuk (Serbia): Executive Director - International Disability Alliance
- Hanaa Edwar (Iraq): Chairperson, Iraqi Al-Amal Association
- Burkhard Gnaerig (Germany): Executive Director – International Civil Society Centre
- Micha Grzywnowicz (Poland/Sweden): International Advocacy Advisor – Swedish Federation for LGBTQ Rights
- Wael Hmaidan (Lebanon): International Director - Climate Action Network
- Noelene Nabulivou (Fiji): Political Advisor – DIVA/DAWN
- Sanam Naraghi-Anderlini (Iran/UK): Co-Founder and Executive Director – ICAN
- Ben Phillips (United Kingdom): Director of Policy, Research, Advocacy and Campaigns – ActionAid
- Ignacio Saiz (USA): Executive Director, Center for Economic and Social Rights
- Richard Ssewakiryang (Uganda): Executive Director – Uganda National NGO Platform
- Alison Tate (Australia): Director of Economic and Social Policy – International Trade Union Confederation
- Anita Van Breda (USA): Senior Director, Environment and Disaster Management – World Wildlife Fund
- Jesus Vicente ("Jaybee") Garganera (Philippines): Director – Anti-Mining Coalition