Business Call to Action
The Business Call to Action (BCtA) is a global initiative that seeks to harness the power of business investments to reduce extreme poverty and improve the lives of millions.
Launched in 2008, the Business Call to Action (BCtA) aims to accelerate progress towards the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) by challenging companies to develop inclusive business models that offer the potential for both commercial success and development impact.
Supported by the Australian Agency for International Development, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the UK Department for International Development, the US Agency for International Development, the UN Development Programme, the UN Global Compact and the Clinton Global Initiative, the BCtA’s value-added stems from its ability to provide:
- A global leadership platform and opportunities to share expertise, knowledge, and best practices for market-based approaches to development;
- Initiative development advice and assistance; and
- Linkages with companies, donors, and other key stakeholders.
BCtA member initiatives include pledges to provide access to banking services for more than 40 million people, promote improved nutrition for 8 million children, and enhance access to energy for 7.1 million low-income households.
For more information on BCtA, visit BCtA's external site.
- 20 Oct 2014:PHINMA Properties joins Business Call to Action (BCtA) with commitment to greater housing access in the Philippines
- 17 Oct 2014:International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- 15 Oct 2014:Farmerline joins the Business Call to Action with commitment to provide mobile communication services to rural farmers