Museo de la Ciudad
(Gran Colombia y Benigno Malo)
Conference Room 1
11 November 2015: Promoting Transformational Change through Sustainable, Inclusive and Resilient Cities
Watch the event live from Cuenca, Ecuador:
Wednesday 9 November 09h00-10h45 ECT
Objectives of the side event are two-fold:
- First, to highlight the importance of sustainable, inclusive and resilient cities for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and to share knowledge on implementation mechanisms to achieve SDG 11 at the local level. UNDP and its partners are committed to sharing their expertise and knowledge on the issue of inclusive development and seek to share exchanges with various stakeholders in creating more sustainable, inclusive and resilient urban environments around the world.
- Second, the event will emphasize the value and importance of cities in localizing the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda. Knowing what tools and resources are available for cities to reach the targets outlined in the new SDGs will be critical for the adoption and implementation of the New Urban Agenda.
UNDP Ecuador CO Contacts:
Carlo Ruiz firstname.lastname@example.org
Nuno Queiros email@example.com
Sergio Novas firstname.lastname@example.org
UNDP HQ Contacts:
Rohan Kocharekar email@example.com
Renata Rubian firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Livestreams - Recordings
26 September 2015: Special High-level Event - Localizing the SDGs Through New Rural Communities: UNDP, together with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea and the OECD, convened a high-level event during the United Nations Summit for the Adoption of the Post-2015 Development Agenda.
Social Inclusion of women: From Beijing to Post-2015 | 6 - 8 May 2015, Buenos Aires - recording to follow
UNDP 4 Youth - Forum on Youth and Development, Tunisia (31 March to 2 April 2014) - recording to follow
Join the conversationTweets about #H3Cuenca #NewUrbanAgenda
Address of the event
Museo de la Ciudad
UNDP Live is a space to discuss key development topics in real time. Chat live with experts, watch livestreams and participate in events, ask tough questions.
Join the conversation
Facebook: Leave your comment here
Email: Send your question to email@example.com
- Female genital mutilation or cutting, is more than circumcision. The procedure calls for partial or full removal of the female genitalia (like castration for a man). The practice is widespread. #EndFGM by educating those around you that this practice causes lifelong pain and tremendous health complications: UNFPA | UN Women 6 hours ago
- There are 1.2 million Syrian refugees in Jordan. 4,000-5,000 cross into Jordan every month while 20,000 wait for permission to enter at the border. Host countries are facing an enormous strain on resources while Syrian refugees continue to face risks such as domestic violence and abuse. Put a name and a life story to a face in our #SyrianVoices photo blog series: 8 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook