Museo de la Ciudad
(Gran Colombia y Benigno Malo)
Conference Room 1
11 November 2015: Promoting Transformational Change through Sustainable, Inclusive and Resilient Cities
Watch the event live from Cuenca, Ecuador:
Wednesday 9 November 09h00-10h45 ECT
Objectives of the side event are two-fold:
- First, to highlight the importance of sustainable, inclusive and resilient cities for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and to share knowledge on implementation mechanisms to achieve SDG 11 at the local level. UNDP and its partners are committed to sharing their expertise and knowledge on the issue of inclusive development and seek to share exchanges with various stakeholders in creating more sustainable, inclusive and resilient urban environments around the world.
- Second, the event will emphasize the value and importance of cities in localizing the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda. Knowing what tools and resources are available for cities to reach the targets outlined in the new SDGs will be critical for the adoption and implementation of the New Urban Agenda.
UNDP Ecuador CO Contacts:
Carlo Ruiz email@example.com
Nuno Queiros firstname.lastname@example.org
Sergio Novas email@example.com
UNDP HQ Contacts:
Rohan Kocharekar firstname.lastname@example.org
Renata Rubian email@example.com
Past Livestreams - Recordings
26 September 2015: Special High-level Event - Localizing the SDGs Through New Rural Communities: UNDP, together with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea and the OECD, convened a high-level event during the United Nations Summit for the Adoption of the Post-2015 Development Agenda.
Social Inclusion of women: From Beijing to Post-2015 | 6 - 8 May 2015, Buenos Aires - recording to follow
UNDP 4 Youth - Forum on Youth and Development, Tunisia (31 March to 2 April 2014) - recording to follow
Join the conversationTweets about #H3Cuenca #NewUrbanAgenda
Address of the event
Museo de la Ciudad
UNDP Live is a space to discuss key development topics in real time. Chat live with experts, watch livestreams and participate in events, ask tough questions.
Join the conversation
Facebook: Leave your comment here
Email: Send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Together with the The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, we've brought down the cost of HIV treatments to under US$100 per patient per year. By improving quality and dependability of medical supply chains and reducing high costs, we're widening patients' access to Antiretroviral therapy medication to tackle HIV and AIDS: #WAD2015 | #WorldAIDSDay 2 hours ago
- "The world has made enormous progress in the fight against AIDS - new HIV infections have fallen by 35% since 2000 and AIDS-related deaths have dropped by 42% since their peak in 2004. Today, 15.8 million people are accessing life-saving antiretroviral therapy, 2.2 million of whom are supported through the United Nations Development Programme - UNDP- The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria partnership," Helen Clark. On #WorldAIDSDay, more from UNDP's Chief on the link between reducing #HIV cases and the rise in human development: #WAD2015 6 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook