To enhance women’s, political, social and economic empowerment in armed conflict and disaster settings.
- Strengthens security of women and girls through rule of law, security and justice sector reform, and multi-sectoral prevention and response to sexual and gender-based violence
- Supports women’s political participation, empowerment and representation, including in national and local governments, conflict prevention and peacebuilding processes
- Works with national governments to develop policies and services that benefit women and men equally
- Supports economic recovery and reintegration efforts that gives equal livelihood opportunities to women, including access to land and credit
- Works closely with international and national partners on the UN’s global policy agenda on Women, Peace and Security and support implementation of UN Security Council Resolution 1325