Traditionally, knowledge has been fostered at the level of the individual, mostly through education. But it can also be created and shared within an organization, for example, through vocational training or a knowledge management system, backed by an organizational learning strategy. At the level of society, knowledge generation is supported by the development of education systems and educational policy reform.
UNDP and its network of partners support national stakeholders by providing the following services:
- Advocacy and engagement in education reform strategies to support efforts to incorporate human development and the country's development agenda into curriculum reform.
- Facilitation of partnerships for investment in reforming university and technical education and improving its quality to strengthen the foundation for long-term capacity development.
- Advocacy for the development of training and learning methodologies for continued learning, for example, in-service civil service training.
- Facilitation and support to south-south learning solutions, regional knowledge networks and institutional twinning arrangements.
- Support to local community of practice networks and other mechanisms to capture local knowledge, such as knowledge fairs.