Qualifications and Eligibility
Make sure you are qualified and eligible
UNDP is a public organization and as such must diligently follow its financial regulations and rules. All UNDP procurement is subject to the relevant policies set forth by the Bureau of Management. All UNDP Suppliers must abide by the UN Supplier Code of Conduct. Under this framework, all vendors must be qualified, as well as eligible.
While qualification criteria may be further specified to meet the needs of a particular purchase, in general terms all qualified UNDP vendors must meet the following commercial criteria:
Eligible vendors are qualified vendors that have not been temporarily suspended or debarred by UNDP or another UN agency, fund or programme. For more details regarding suspended vendors, please view our Vendor Sanctions page. UNDP also considers vendors included in the Security Council Resolution Lists (1267, 1989) to be ineligible for UNDP contracts. If you are a consortium, holding or parent company, the entire group must meet these eligibility requirements.
- Have adequate financial resources to perform the contract or the ability to obtain them;
- Be able to provide audited financial statements for completed fiscal years upon request;
- Be able to comply fully and effectively with UNDP General Terms and Conditions of Contract;
- Have the necessary organization, facilities, experience, accounting and operational controls; adequate insurance and technical skills (including, as needed, quality controls, property and production control systems, standards and safety programmes applicable to goods produced or services performed);
- Have a record of satisfactory performance with UNDP, when applicable; and
- Have sufficient material and financial resources to meet all existing commercial commitments.