KATOWICE, POLAND - A press conference will take place on Monday at 4.30 pm in Press Conference Room Warszawa, Area B, Level 1, Space 5, at the COP24 Conference, ahead of the first day of the inaugural Investment COP.
The two-day Investment COP will kick off on Tuesday, December 11th, 2018, at the Vienna House Easy Angelo hotel in Katowice, Poland.
For this inaugural Investment COP, UNDP, the World Bank and World Climate Ltd are co-organising a day, on the 12th of December. The focus will be on matching bankable projects at the local level with regional and global investors, to tackle long-term emission reduction and historic climate change.
Partner organizations World Climate Ltd., UNDP, and the World Bank will host a formal press event on Monday, December 10th at 4:30 pm, to discuss challenges, opportunities, and innovations of ‘investment-ready’ projects to attract private-sector investor interest.
- John Roome, Senior Director, Climate Change, World Bank
- Rebecca Carman, Climate Change Technical Specialist, Bureau for Programme and Policy Support, UNDP
- Jens Nielsen, CEO, World Climate Ltd.
Press event date & time: Monday 10th at 16:30 – 17:00, Press Conference Room Warszawa, Area B, Level 1, Space 5 at the COP24 Conference, Katowice.
Press event format:
- The World Bank recently announced $US200 billion for climate action from 2021-25 (direct finance and private capital mobilized by the Group) and will highlight how this will further support low-carbon, climate-resilient investments.
- UNDP will highlight how NDCs, with support from UNDP and partners, including the World Bank and private investors can be turned into action plans and bankable projects. Such projects will be showcased throughout the Investment COP.
- World Climate Ltd. will explain how the dots between projects, technology and funding can be connected, outlining the current interest from the private sector, as well as the ideal enabling environments and project criteria that make the most attractive investments.
- Question and answering session (15 minutes).
Sarah Bel, Communications Specialist, UNDP Geneva, firstname.lastname@example.org