UNDP Gender Equality Seal Initiative for UNDP entities
What is the UNDP Gender Equality Seal Initiative?
• The UNDP Gender Equality Seal is a corporate certifcation process that recognizes good performance of UNDP Country Offices, Regional Service Centres and Regional Bureaux in delivering tranformative results for gender equality.
• The Gender Equality Seal process combines quality assurance with learning and capacity building of staff.
• The Seal is a tool to empower managers and accelerate changes needed to support national gender equality goals.
• The Gender Equality Seal establishes minimum quality standards and provides a clear framework to guide senior managers in linking gender equality at the workplace with development results. This leads to increased internal efficiency and to visible results.
• The Seal offers three levels of certification: Gold, Silver, and Bronze. UNDP offices or units will be certified according to their gender equality accomplishment as determined by an internal committee through an intensive review process.