Gender and Climate Change - AfricaRevised 07 Jan 2014
Regional Thematic Policy Briefs and Training Modules
One of the pressing challenges in addressing the gender dimensions of climate change in developing countries is the need for greater national expertise on gender and climate change and on broader issues of sustainable development. In response to this challenge, UNDP has developed a series of policy briefs and training modules on gender and climate change for practitioners and policy makers in Africa. The themes are of specific relevance to Africa, and include a general overview of climate change issues, adaptation, agriculture and food security, equitable energy access, and climate finance.
These materials draw on the capacity development work being undertaken in partnership with other members of the Global Gender and Climate Alliance (GGCA) and complement existing GGCA training modules, resource guides, and related knowledge products. The materials are designed to facilitate the work of the regional and national cadres of experts and other partners in Africa in mainstreaming gender into climate change policy and programming.
Download Policy Briefs
- Policy Brief 1 Overview of linkages between Gender and Climate Change
- Policy Brief 2 Gender and Adaptation
- Policy Brief 3 Gender and Energy
- Policy Brief 4 Gender, Climate Change and Food Security
- Policy Brief 5 Gender and Climate Finance
Download Training Modules
- Module 1 Overview of linkages between Gender and Climate Change
- Module 2 Gender and Adaptation
- Module 3 Gender and Energy
- Module 4 Gender, Agriculture and Food Security
- Module 5 Gender and Climate Finance