Gender Equality Strategy 2014 - 201731 Jan 2014
Gender equality and the empowerment of women are at the heart of UNDP’s development mandate. First and foremost, gender equality is a matter of human rights. It is also a driver of development progress. Unless women and girls are able to fully realize their rights in all spheres of life, human development
will not be advanced.
With this Gender Equality Strategy 2014-2017, UNDP is well placed to ensure that gender equality and the empowerment of women are integrated into every aspect of its work to support countries to eradicate poverty and
reduce inequalities and exclusion.
Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
Annexes to the Gender Equality Strategy
- Annex 1: Terminology Used in the Gender Equality Strategy
- Annex 2: Key Global and Regional Commitments to Gender Equality
- Annex 3: UNDP System wide collaboration
- Annex 4: Background Note – Theory of Change for Outcome 4
- Annex 5: Executive Summary of Midterm Review of UNDP Gender Equality Strategy 2008-2013
- Annex 6: UNDP Strategic Plan 2014-2017. Integrated Results and Resources Framework
- Annex 7: Institutional Effectiveness Monitoring Matrix
- Annex 8: Gender Parity Strategy 2014-2017