Fast Facts: Civil Society and UNDP15 Jun 2013
UNDP works with civil society organizations that demonstrate their commitment to internationally recognized human rights principles and accountability to their constituents. UNDP seeks to empower civil society to achieve both "downstream" local development results and "upstream" policy impact. UNDP believes civil society can contribute to build nations that can withstand crisis, and to drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for all.
UNDP focuses on three goals in its engagement with civil society: invest in civil society and civic engagement; facilitate citizen action for democratic governance and development; strengthen civic engagement for multilateralism and human development.
Download this Document
Civil Society and Civic Engagement in all regions
- Civil Society and Civic Engagement in Africa
- Civil Society and Civic Engagement in the Arab States
- Civil Society and Civic Engagement in Asia and the Pacific
- Civil Society and Civic Engagement in Europe and the CIS
- Civil Society and Civic Engagement in Latin America and the Caribbean