Fast Facts: Youth Engagement, Crisis Response and Resilience
UNDP supports strengthened youth engagement in disaster preparedness, crisis response and resilience building in crisis and/or conflict contexts. Young men and women are playing an active role in rebuilding the social fabric of societies. After a crisis, youth are often involved in innovative approaches in adopting environment-friendly practices. Young women increasingly contribute as managers of natural resources which contributes to resilience building. Youth groups are an important entry point to reduce the environmental impact of recovery efforts, including awareness raising in broader communities and engagement in environmentally sustainable livelihoods initiatives, strengthening environmental and economic resilience as well as sustainable use of natural resources for income generation and livelihoods recovery.
- Fast Facts: Youth as Partners for the Implementation of the SDGs
- Fast Facts: Youth and Climate Change
- Fast Facts: Youth and Peacebuilding
- Fast Facts: Civic Engagement and Participation of Youth in Politics and Political Institutions
- Fast Facts: Youth Economic Empowerment