Fast Facts: Civic Engagement and Participation of Youth in Politics and Public Institutions
Across the world, youth remain at the margins of the political, social and economic mainstream. Yet, youth engagement and participation is central to achieving sustainable human development. Young people have the right to participate in all levels of society and have the potential to be positive agents of change.
The United Nations Secretary-General has made youth a priority and appointed a Special Envoy on Youth, and UN entities have developed a United Nations System-wide Action Plan on Youth (Youth-SWAP). Led by these initiatives, and to support policies aimed at empowering youth for a sustainable future, UNDP works to deepen engagement on youth and youth empowerment initiatives.
- Fast Facts: Youth as Partners for the Implementation of the SDGs
- Fast Facts: Youth and Climate Change
- Fast Facts: Youth and Peacebuilding
- Fast Facts: Youth Engagement, Crisis Response and Resilience
- Fast Facts: Youth Economic Empowerment