Towards Ecosystem-Based Management of the Guinea Current Large Marine Ecosystem
A joint UNDP-GEF-UNIDO report on the Guinea Current Large Marine Ecosystem (GCLME) programme compromising a 16 country-strong collaborative infrastructure of networks and Regional Activity Centres that provides a country driven mechanism for local and regional efforts to recover and sustain billions of dollars in marine and coastal goods and services vital to poverty reduction and the economic development of coastal communities throughout western Africa.
Highlights - with a focus on:
- Recovery of depleted fish stocks
- Improvement of degraded habitats
- Minimization of coastal pollution and nutrient over-enrichment
- Conservation of biodiversity
- Mitigation and adaptation to climate change