Green Commodities Programme Brochureupdated 01 Jan 2014
The Green Commodities Programme (GCP) was established by UNDP in 2009 in order to mainstream sustainability in the production and sale of agricultural commodities worldwide. The Programme combines public and private efforts to transform a commodity sector, bringing together the various stakeholders of the value chain to address underlying structural problems.
This document introduces the Programme, explains the rationale and need for it, describes its approach and highlights its added value and services.
- Country-level presence and technical expertise in sustainable development;
- Neutral interface between government, business and civil society;
- UN system coordination at the country level;
- Links to UN initiatives engaging with businesses—Business Call to Action and Global Compact; and
- Leveraging and accessing donor financing.