Green Commodities Programme Brochureupdated 01 Jan 2014
This document introduces the Green Commodities Programme, explains the rationale and need for the Programme, describes its approach and highlights its added value and services.
UNDP is in a unique position to act globally in a locally relevant context in order to advance and harmonize responsible and efficient commodity production and supply chains. This is achieved in partnership with national and local governments in order to ensure that the necessary institutional, policy, infrastructural and market support is provided to producers, processors and exporters.
- Country-level presence and technical expertise in sustainable development;
- Neutral interface between government, business and civil society;
- UN system coordination at the country level;
- Links to UN initiatives engaging with businesses—Business Call to Action and Global Compact; and
- Leveraging and accessing donor financing.