Advancing the SDGs by Building Peaceful, Just and Inclusive Societies
Project Document | 2017-2021
The project’s objective is to provide policy and programme support for effective implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 16 at the national and sub-national level. This project builds on and complements UNDP’s existing work and policy support on democratic governance and peacebuilding and on the specific initiatives under the Governance and Peacebuilding Cluster (rule of law, anti-corruption, core government functions, inclusive political processes, youth and others).
The project focuses on the outputs needed to provide integrated policy support for peaceful, just and inclusive societies. Specifically, the document focuses on:
• tools for supporting policy analysis and mainstreaming Goal 16 under the Mainstreaming, Acceleration and Policy Support approach (MAPS);
• testing and applying methodologies for linking Goal 16 to the other SDGs;
• supporting measurement and reporting on Goal 16;
• adapting participatory tools for policy design;
• enhancing knowledge and fostering collaborative multistakeholder partnerships for a more concerted policy support approach, starting with countries which have already expressed interest in receiving UNDP support.