One of the main reasons that UNDP is a trusted development partner all over the world is because it operates according to the principles and values of the United Nations. That means respecting each country’s control over its own future, while bringing countries together to work on shared goals and challenges. The UNDP Executive Board is made up of representatives from 36 countries around the world who serve on a rotating basis. Through its Bureau, consisting of representatives from five regional groups, the Board oversees and supports the activities of UNDP, ensuring that the organization remains responsive to the evolving needs of programme countries
The sessions of the Executive Board are now PaperSmart. Session documents will continue to be available for downloading electronically through the existing ‘Documents’ page, and will also be available on the PaperSmart portal.
Special session 2017 (28 November 2017)
Second regular session 2017 (5 - 11 September)
- Statement by Mr. Achim Steiner, UNDP Administrator, to the Executive Board (5 September 2017). Click here for the link to the video.
- Joint timeline on the development of the new Strategic Plans 2018-2021 of UNDP, UNFPA, UNICEF and UN-Women
- Cost recovery overview (presentation made at the joint briefing of UNDP, UNFPA, UNICEF and UN-Women on 3 February 2017)
- Independent and external assessment on the consistency and alignment of cost recovery with General Assembly resolution 67/226
- Information on cost recovery related matters (7 September 2016)
The Executive Board Secretariat
The Executive Board secretariat services all aspects of the work of the Executive Board, including provision of timely information and other support services to Board members, making arrangements for the three formal sessions of the Board, planning and organizing all informal consultations and briefings, facilitating the meetings of the Bureau of the Board, coordinating field visits by Executive Board members, and ensuring effective relationships between the Executive Board and the relevant management teams of UNDP, UNFPA and UNOPS. The Secretariat of the Board provides editorial services for all documentation related to Executive Board meetings and maintains the Executive Board website.