IOM Vacancy:Visa Support Assistant (Korea Visa Application Assistance Programme)
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Position Title : Visa Support Assistant (Korea Visa Application Assistance Programme)
Duty Station : Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Classification : G.4
Type of Appointment : 12 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : Immediate
Closing Date : October 2, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
In support of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea (ROK) in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, IOM will be providing administrative visa-related services within the Visa Application Centre (KVAC) in Ulaanbaatar, aimed at making the visa application process more timely and convenient.
Under the direct supervision of the KVAC Supervisor in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, the Incumbent will assist visa applicants with the lodging of their application and return of their visa decision.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Provide dignified, service excellence to visa applicants in strict compliance with the requirements and service standards of the Government of ROK.
2. Verify the identity of visa applicants and delegates in strict compliance with the required procedures of the Government of ROK.
3. Provide visa applicants with accurate and timely information to include distribution of relevant forms and checklists; provision of information in the local language to visa applicants and delegates in person, as well as via phone and email and offer and assist with value added services, as requested.
4. Assist in collecting visa applications and sorting the required documentation. Ensure the completeness and correctness of visa application forms, conduct completeness check of supporting documentation and sort documents according to the relevant checklists while guiding applicants with how to acquire any missing documents.
5. Input accurate visa application data into the IOM case management system and the ROK visa portal. Generate receipts and invoices, carefully track passports and documentation via QR and/or barcode scans and quality check supporting documentation.
6. Verify correct payment of all fees and accurate issuance of invoices. Conduct a daily reconciliation of collected fees and invoices while ensuring secure storage of petty cash, if any.
7. Conduct document verification of the assigned visa application cases and report on the findings, in strict compliance with the requirements and regulations of ROK Government and Embassy.
8. Assist in the preparation and distribution of timely and accurate reports to management. Conduct regular quality checks of collected applications and fees and generate daily reports for received calls, call-backs and missed calls.
9. Manage application and passport logistics in close coordination with the designed courier company, facilitating the secure transfer of visa applications and passports. Ensuring proper sorting and counting of applications and passports and accurate handover and receipt from the designated courier company.
10. Develop and maintain an expertise in use of all ICT solutions, including the IOM case management system, the ROK visa portal, the appointment scheduling system and the passport tracking module.
11. Immediately inform management of any problems or issues related to daily operations, security issues, systems and software issues and beneficiary feedback and make recommendations for improvement.
12. Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the team leaders or programme management.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in Business Administration, Client Services, Social Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution and two years of relevant professional experience; or,
• High school degree with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in migrant-related programmes OR visa related services;
• Experience in customer service; and,
• Working and living experience in Korea as advantage.
Mongolian, fluent Korean
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The position is subject to availability of funding and ongoing approval process by all parties concerned. The issuance of this vacancy notice does not imply expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of IOM concerning the outcome of the approval process which remains the sole prerogative of IOM’s Member States.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should:
a) Submit their CV, one-page cover letter, copies of diplomas and 3 references via email to IOM Ulan Bator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
b) Please mark the subject line of your application with “Application – Visa Support Assistant”.
c) Applications close at 5pm, 2 October 2019. Late ore incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For further information, please refer to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.