IOM Vacancy:KVAC Supervisor (Korea Visa Application Centre)
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
In support of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea (ROK) in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, IOM will be providing administrative visa-related services through a Visa Application Centre, aimed at making the visa application process more timely and convenient.
Under the direct supervision of the KVAC Manager the Incumbent will support the KVAC management providing guidance to and oversight of the staff, for day-to-day operations of the KVAC.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Provide effective daily supervision, oversight and management of KVAC activities and staff, ensuring dignified, efficient and cost-effective service delivery with integrity, in line with all contractual obligations of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Korea and with all IOM rules and regulations and KVAC operating procedures.
2. Keep up to date and maintain understanding of contract conditions to facilitate successful inspection results from audits conducted by the Diplomatic Representation of ROK in Mongolia and by representatives of the Ministry of Justice. Support the KVAC Manager proposing actions to address deficiencies in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
3. Support the Deputy Manager in maintaining close liaison and coordination with the relevant ROK Embassy in Ulaanbaatar: collect and report feedback, issues, challenges, appreciations; conduct day to day communication with the staff and build productive and positive relations.
4. Evaluate work flow and analyze processing times in the KVAC; evaluate applicants’ feedback and the flow of applicants on premises; report to the Manager on necessary action for staffing changes.
5. Support the Manager in monitoring and reporting on all administrative aspects of the KVAC: facilities, ICT solutions, financial monitoring, and cash management.
6. Draft regular and ad-hoc reports for the KVAC Manager, to include daily applications count by category, collected visa fees, incidents, complaints, etc.
7. Support the KVAC Manager in the preparation of team capacity building: analysis and reporting of the needs of the staff through feedback, sample checks and spot-check results.
8. Ensure programme integrity by supervising compliance of Visa Support Assistants with IOM Standards of Conduct; report on internal investigations where required.
9. Support the KVAC Manager in the preparation of audits, briefings, tours and other related activities for visitors, missions and other relevant stakeholders to the KVAC premises.
10. Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Law, Migration Studies, Social Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in managing a team;
- Experience in migrant-related programmes OR visa related services;
- Experience in customer service;
- Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities and national and international institutions;
- Working and living experience in Korea as advantage.
English, fluent Korean
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
· Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
· Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
· Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The position is subject to availability of funding and ongoing approval process by all parties concerned. The issuance of this vacancy notice does not imply expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of IOM concerning the outcome of the approval process which remains the sole prerogative of IOM’s Member States.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should:
a) Submit their CV, one-page cover letter, copies of diplomas and 3 references via email to IOM Ulan Bator at: email@example.com
b) Please mark the subject line of your email with “Application – KVAC Supervisor”
c) Applications close at 5pm, 2 October 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For further information, please refer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.