IOM Vacancy: Resources Management Officer
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Position Title: Resources Management Officer
Duty Station: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Type of Appointment: 12 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: Immediate
Closing date: 27 September, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Beijing, and in close collaboration with the Regional Office (RO) in Bangkok, the Department of Resources Management (DRM) at Headquarters (HQ) and the Administrative Centres in Manila and Panama, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for supervising the resource management functions of IOM Mongolia Office.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. In close coordination with the CoM and Senior Regional Resource Management Officer, monitor compliance with general instructions of IOM and relevant permanent instructions for the Mission in the areas of general administration, finance and human resources.
2. Assist in monitoring and overseeing the financial management of the Country Office including the oversight of financial expenditures and accountability and financial analysis of its projects.
3. Prepare donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
4. Forecast cash flows according to activities in the Country Office and ensure daily control of funds disbursed; ensure funding is received in accordance with donor agreements.
5. Assist in preparing annual budget for the Country Office; monitor budget control and report variances between budget and actual expenditures. Assist in the preparation of budgets for new programmes.
6. Check payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM’s projectization criteria.
7. Provide support to the CoM and Project Managers throughout the project cycle to ensure compliance with IOM’s policies and procedures and any donor-specific requirements.
8. Make recommendations on procedural improvements, supervise and train local staff in the relevant areas of administration and financial policies and procedures.
9. Assist the CoM in managing the human resources of the Country Office and make recommendations on recruitment, retention, promotion and separation of local staff. Interpret and apply IOM’s HR policies, rules and regulations and make recommendations for resolving difficult or sensitive cases.
10. Oversee procurement and logistic services, ensuring that contracts with suppliers of goods and services are in line with the Organization’s procedures, regulations and guidelines.
11. Supervise the IT systems administration staff, ensuring proper coordination of IT projects, compliance with IOM IT standards, and communication with ITSC and RPC. Consult and coordinate IT issues with the Chief of Mission and IT colleagues in Headquarters or Manila as appropriate
12. Assist the CoM and Project Managers by providing information on the correct allocation of programme funds and by providing any requisite documentation including for auditing purposes.
13. Prepare monthly accounts for the Country Office, prepare bank reconciliations and conduct preliminary analysis of general ledger accounts.
14. Review, check, verify and sign off all financial documents processed at IOM Mongolia while ensuring that appropriate supporting documentation has been attached for correctness/consistency of the postings.
15. Liaise with relevant units at HQ and the RO with regard to the financial and administrative activities of the Country Office.
16. Monitor and work with implementing partners, control of financial statements and reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
17. Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the CoM.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or,
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience;
- Professional certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant is an advantage.
· Management experience at international level;
· Background in finance, accounting and budgeting;
· Experience in project management;
· Experience in human resources management; and,
· Experience in liaising with donors, auditors, governmental and diplomatic authorities, international institution.
Mongolian, fluent Spanish and/or French
English, fluent Korean
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
· Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
· Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
· Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Internals of the Organization as well as external candidates, will be considered for this position.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should:
a) Submit their CV, one-page cover letter, copies of diplomas and 3 references in a sealed envelope to the reception at UN House: IOM Office, UN House, United Nations Street -14, Sukhbaatar district, Ulaanbaatar 14201/ or via email to IOM Ulan Bator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
b) Please mark your envelope with “Application – Resources Management Officer – International Organization for Migration” Applications close at 5pm, 27 September 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
For further information, please refer to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.