IOM Vacancy: Information and Communication Technology Assistant
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Position Title: Information and Communication Technology Assistant
Duty Station: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Type of Appointment: 12 months with possibility of extension
Estimated start date: Immediate
Closing date: 27 September, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM facilitates migration services and provides operational and technical assistance related to immigration and visa processing at the request of Member States. These activities are overseen globally by IOM’s Immigration and Border Management Division – Immigration and Visa (IV) Unit.
Under the overall supervision of the IV IMCT (Information Management and Communications Technology) Officer in IOM Headquarters (HQ), the Incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day information management and communications technology solutions monitoring and problem solving.
1. Support the IV IMCT Officer maintain the ICT infrastructure by reviewing, testing, and implementing system upgrades or patches, IT inventory, retired equipment and documentations.
2. Maintain systems tables, documents processes/results. Provide support for the IOM case management system in Mongolia, including but not limited to researching and resolving software problems, unexpected results or process flows, performing scheduled activities, recommending alternative solutions to meet the IMCT requirements of the project.
3. Support the harmonization and alignment of IMCT activities and report the activities to IOM Mongolia and the IV Unit in Geneva, in close coordination with IV IMCT officer, to meet the project Standards and Guidelines as required.
4. Support and maintain a variety of reports utilizing the appropriate reporting tools. Assist the development of standardized reports for ongoing IV systems’ needs.
5. Maintain the data integrity and data protection principles for all IMCT systems in the relevant visa processing project sites.
6. Check systems and network, conduct back-up and recovery services, implement security measures and assist in maintaining users’ accounts.
7. Support the IMCT and development team for troubleshooting application software system requirements, follow IMCT development, report in a timely manner, and assist in developing the production and sandbox software.
8. Support IV IMCT HQ officer in analyzing the requirements of the existing systems to achieve technical specifications for application management systems, sub-systems, installation and maintenance of servers, and work stations.
9. Provide assistance and training on use of IMCT and other related IV applications to the end-users.
10. Evaluate and regularly report on IMCT operations, needs and progress, maintain a hotline for users’ problems and provide onsite end-user support as needed.
11. Maintain good technical communications and relations with local ICT and software vendors to ensure the smooth and proper support to the project’s needs.
12. Perform other relevant functions and duties as required.
· University degree, preferably post-graduate degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Holder of an MCP of MCPD, MCSE or MCSD certification a distinct advantage.
· A minimum 5 years professional experience in networking environment (LAN/WAN) and Microsoft .Net and SQL development, first level network/desktop support; and,
· Experience in the administration of Windows and Microsoft (2013/O365) applications in a multi-site environment, TCP/IP, Antivirus Software, IT utilities, Database and web applications administration.
Mongolian, fluent Spanish and/or French
English, fluent Korean
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Internals of the Organization as well as external candidates, will be considered for this position.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should:
a) Submit their CV, one-page cover letter, copies of diplomas and 3 references in a sealed envelope to the reception at UN House: IOM Office, UN House, United Nations Street -14, Sukhbaatar district, Ulaanbaatar 14201/ or via email to IOM Ulan Bator at: email@example.com
b) Please mark your envelope with “Application – IMCT Assistant – International Organization for Migration”
c) Applications close at 5pm, 27 September 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
For further information, please refer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.