IOM Vacancy: Finance Assistant
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Position title: Finance Assistant
Duty station: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Type of Appointment: 12 months with possibility of extension
Estimated start date: Immediate
Closing date: September 27, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer in Ulaanbaatar, and in close collaboration with the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Beijing, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for providing finance support services to the Country Office’s activities, with particular attention to the day-to-day operations.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Extract and input data from various sources in financial or accounting systems;
2. Respond to accounting, budget or financial queries regarding data from staff in the unit and elsewhere;
3. Assist in the preparation of the payroll by executing validity checks on monthly payroll results;
4. Review all types of payments starting from purchase to payment requests verifying that they are duly authorized, and all the supporting documents are attached therewith;
5. Create new Vendor Accounts in PRISM;
6. Verify vendor requests for accuracy and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions;
7. Perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that the goods have been received or services rendered;
8. Prepare necessary receipt and journal vouchers;
9. Assist in the preparation of budget, accounting, financial, statistical reports and other reports as required;
10. Provide assistance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc.;
11. Ensure proper and systematic filling of all posted payments and other accounting documents according to the established standards;
12. Responsible for the Petty Cash of the office; and,
13. Perform other related duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or,
High school diploma with four years of relevant professional experience.
· Experience in development and project management;
· Experience with foreign-funded projects; and,
Proficiency in computer applications, especially Word processing and spreadsheet.
Mongolian, fluent Spanish and/or French
English, fluent Korean
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Internals of the Organization as well as external candidates, will be considered for this position.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should:
a) Submit their CV, one-page cover letter, copies of diplomas and 3 references in a sealed envelope to the reception at UN House: IOM Office, UN House, United Nations Street -14, Sukhbaatar district, Ulaanbaatar 14201/ or via email to IOM Ulan Bator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
b) Please mark your envelope with “Application – Finance Assistant – International Organization for Migration”
c) Applications close at 5pm, 27 September 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
For further information, please refer to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.