- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Lao PDR
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Research & Publications
- News Center
05 Mar 2014
On 13 and 14 May 2014, UNDP will be partnering with the Turkish Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources and the Islamic Development Bank to host a regional conference in Istanbul which will look at how the private sector can help bring about sustainable energy solutions in Europe and Central Asia.
1. Ensure universal access to energy
2. Double the share of renewable energy
3. Double the rate of improvement in energy efficiency
When we gather together in May with prominent business leaders from around the region, we will be trying to find answers to some tough questions:
· How can we leverage investments in sustainable energy solutions across the region?
· How can we scale up existing activities?
· An investment of $48 billion per year globally will be needed to provide universal energy access by 2030. How are we going to leverage the necessary resources to ensure this happens in our region?
We are hoping to attract strong private sector participation and provide an open space for networking and idea sharing for groups from all sectors: from private companies and financial institutions to international organizations and governments.
One of our main focuses will be identifying new investment opportunities and partnerships. It is a key goal for this conference to serve as a forum for announcing new and exciting public-private partnerships and investments in sustainable energy.
We’ll be bringing you more information as the event gets closer but in the meantime, we’d like to ask you these same questions and we’d love to hear your answers:
What are some promising ways that the private sector can be a part of bringing sustainable energy to the region?
We’d also kindly ask you to share this post with anyone you know who might be interested in coming to the sustainable energy conference.
Stay tuned, looking forward to seeing you in Istanbul!
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon - Sustainable Energy For All
- E-dergimiz #YeniUfuklar 'ın Mart sayısı çıktı! Tıklayın: http://yeniufuklar.info/tr/111/1 Yesterday AT 10:23 AM
- Bu hafta Trabzon, 19 Mart'ta ise Edirne'deyiz! Yesterday AT 06:53 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook