- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 1 - 20 of 47
23 Dec 2014
23 December 2014, Dushanbe, Tajikistan A meeting of the National Platform on Disaster Risk Reduction of Tajikistan was held in the business center “Dushanbe Plaza” on 23 December 2014 with the support of United Nations Development Programme in Tajikistan. The meeting was conducted under the Chairmanship of the Deputy Prime Minister, Mr. Murodali Alimardon. Those attending the meeting included members of the National Platform from 17 ministries and state agencies, and REACT partners including the Swiss Cooperation Office in Tajikistan, United Nations Development Programme, Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, World Food Programme, United Nations Children's Fund, International Federation of Red Crescent Society, ACTED, HELVETAS, OXFAM, FOCUS, Welthungerhilfe, Save the Children, Caritas Switzerland and Mercy Corps.
18 Dec 2014
Dushanbe, Tajikistan December 18, 2014. The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) of the Republic of Tajikistan has organized the 3d Rule of Law Policy Dialogue meeting. The agenda of the meeting proposed to discuss the status and content of Judicial and Legal Reform Programme in Tajikistan for 2015 – 2017, introduce participants with the Cost Benefit Analyses prepared by UNDP for cost planning of State Guaranteed Free Legal Aid which is planned to be piloted in 2015 and listen to the plans of MoJ on further vision and plans to reform the system of civil status registration.
01 Dec 2014
CLOSE THE GAP THIS WORLD AIDS DAY - AWARENESS RAISING CAMPAIGNS DEDICATED TO WORLD AIDS DAY CONDUCTED IN TAJIKISTAN
1 December 2014, UN Joint Advocacy Project on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS, UNDP, UNFPA and UNICEF), in cooperation with WHO in Tajikistan and Committee on Youth, Sports and Tourism of Sino district celebrated the World AIDS Day 2014 under the slogan "Close the gap this World AIDS Day”. World AIDS Day 2014 is an opportunity to harness the power of social change to put people first and close the gap. Ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030 is possible, but only by closing the gap between people who have access to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services and people who are being left behind.
26 Nov 2014
26 November 2014 – Kurgan-Tube, Tajikistan. The Deputy Governor of Khatlon Region Mr. Radjabali Radjabov organized a half-day presentation on “One Village – One Product” initiative for eight Mayors of Khatlon districts and representatives of business associations, regional consultative council and private sector in Administration office of Khatlon Oblast.
26 Nov 2014
20 Officers of the Afghan Border Police are receiving advanced instruction in All-terrain vehicle maintenance and operation techniques in Dushanbe. Organised by EU-BOMNAF the training is being delivered by Peter Southern and David Evans, two Specialists from Britain, supported by Juraijon, a trained mechanic from Tajikistan.
26 Nov 2014
4,500 people in Jamoats of Kulob will have access to sustainable drinking water supply and improved sanitation
Kulob, 26 November 2014 – In the conference hall of the Hukumat of Kulob city took place the Opening Ceremony of the project “Tajikistan Water Supply and Sanitation” (TajWSS Phase II), financed by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), with participation of local authorities of Kulob city, affiliated organizations of concerned ministries and agencies, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Oxfam Great Britain (Oxfam) in Tajikistan. The objectives of the opening ceremony were to provide a framework of cooperation and facilitate collaboration between the Local Executive Branch of State Power of Kulob city and UNDP towards improving access to drinking water supply and sanitation in Jamoats of Kulob city. In particular, participants of the event got acquainted with the goals and objectives of the project TajWSS Phase II, mechanisms of implementation for the Trust Fund designed for drinking water supply and sanitation projects, as well as with the current state of drinking water supply and sanitation sector.
- 21 Nov 2014
20 Nov 2014
UNDP brings Tajik and Turkish Ministries together for promoting World Trade Organization in Tajikistan
Ankara, Turkey – 20 November 2014 – The Ministry of Economy of Turkey and Turkish Patent Institute hosted Tajik high-level delegates representing Presidential Executive Office and the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade on a two-day study tour to Turkey, to learn the experience of Turkey on issues related to World Trade Organization.
18 Nov 2014
Water management authorities in Isfara river basin were equipped with skills on hydrological monitoring for effective management of water resources
Isfara, Kanibadam, 17-18 November 2014 – Through support of UNDP in Isfara river basin, responsible specialists of local water management authorities were trained on use of modern hydrological and hydrometric equipment, methods of management, storage and transmission of water information for effective water resources management. For this purpose, UNDP jointly with the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources of the Republic of Tajikistan and Agency for Land Reclamation and Irrigation under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan organized training on the “Use of equipment for hydrological monitoring on hydrological posts of “Tangi Vorukh”, “Matpari” and “Rabot” in Isfara river basin”. Among the training participants were specialists of water management organizations of Isfara and Kanibadam cities, as well as Water Users Associations, responsible for hydrological and hydrometric measurements, water monitoring, data processing and their transmission on hydrological posts of “Tangi Vorukh”, “Matpari” and “Rabot”. Participants gained theoretical knowledge and practical skills to use modern hydrological and hydrometric equipment.
04 Nov 2014
THE GOVERNMENT OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION AND UNDP SUPPORT IMPROVEMENT OF LIVELIHOOD OF 1,000,000 RURAL POPULATION IN 9 DISTRICTS OF TAJIKISTAN
Dushanbe, 4 November 2014 - Today, Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of the Russian Federation to the Republic of Tajikistan, His Excellency Mr. Igor Lyakin-Frolov and United Nations Resident Coordinator and Resident Representative of the United Nations Development Programme in Tajikistan (UNDP), Mr. Alexander Zuevsigned a grant agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and UNDP in Tajikistan to support a three-year initiative "Livelihood improvement of 1,000,000 rural population in 9 districts of the Republic of Tajikistan." The Initiative with a total budget of US$ 6.7 million is funded by the Government of the Russian Federation and implemented by UNDP in Tajikistan. The high-ranked officials from the Tajik Government and representatives of diplomatic missions and development partners also attended the signing ceremony.
01 Nov 2014
High-level visitors from Tajikistan and Afghanistan study the best practices of “One Village – One Product” Initiative in Kyrgyzstan
1 November – Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. UNDP Tajikistan organized a four-day study tour in Kyrgyzstan for high-level officials and donor representatives from Tajikistan and Afghanistan to learn from the experiences of the “One Village – One Product” initiative (OVOP) implemented by JICA Kyrgyzstan. The delegation included the Deputy Minister of Rural Rehabilitation and Development from Afghanistan, and from Tajikistan there were Deputy Chairman of Khatlon Region in Tajikistan, Representative of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade, Country Director of Asian Development Bank, JICA representatives, UNDP Country Director and other officials of the above-named organizations.
30 Oct 2014
Compliance with human rights and freedoms of individual is a foundation of the country's ongoing response to the HIV epidemic. October 30, 2014 in Dushanbe (Tajikistan) the round table for more than 35 Mass Media representatives of the country on “HIV infection: the importance of objective, accurate and politically correct media coverage” conducted. The event was organized through the initiative of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Tajikistan in cooperation with United Nations Joint Advocacy Project on HIV/AIDS in Tajikistan (UNAIDS, UNDP, UNFPA and UNICEF), through the financial support of UNDP Regional Centre for Europe and CIS.
- 28 Oct 2014
22 Oct 2014
Hand-over of the school-books for 7-9 grades of secondary school in Braille for the blind students under “Promoting an accessible environment and improved access to the education for blind children” project of UNDP
On 22 October 2014 Country Director of UNDP Mr.Norimasa Shimomura, Director of Tajikistan National Mine Action Centre Mr. Muhabbat Ibrohimzoda, representatives of the Ministry of Education and Science of RT, Departments of Education of Hissor district, members of Public Organization “Tajik Blind Union” and mass media representatives (in total approx. 25 people) attended the formal hand-over of the schoolbooks in Braille for 7-9 grades to Republican boarding school for the blind children in Hissor district.
26 Sep 2014
Dushanbe, 26/September/2014 – The EU UNDP Border Management in Northern Afghanistan planned project activities require that coordination meetings and events involving Afghan, Tajik and other Central Asian border officials are organized, implemented and hosted by the Project. Therefore, UNDP’s EU-BOMNAF Project hosted a Workshop in Dushanbe, Tajikistan, during 25-26 September 2014 to discuss Heart of Asia activities associated with regional security, trade and migration, between Afghanistan and their Central Asian neighbour nations, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan.
15 Sep 2014
Russia's government to allocate $6.7 million to improve wellbeing of one million Tajiks September 15, According to the document, $2.5 million will be remitted to the UN Development Program for these purposes in 2014, and $2.1 million a year will be provided in 2015 and 2016
05 Sep 2014
Dushanbe, Tajikistan 5 September, 2014 – State working group on elaboration of draft Law "On State Guaranteed Free Legal Aid", led by the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Tajikistan with support of UNDP Rule of Law and Access to Justice Programme and OSI Foundation with support of local NGO Bureau for Human Rights and Rule of Law, facilitated conduction of public hearings to receive recommendations and feedback to improve and finalize the draft Concept document "On State Guaranteed Free Legal Aid". Public hearings took place on 31 July in Kurgan-Tyube (Khatlon region), on 6 August in Garm district (Rasht valley), on 13 August in Khujand (Sugd region), and on 2 September in Dushanbe. About 80 relevant state institutions, civil society as well as bar associations and international organizations participated in presentation and discussion of the Concept.
28 Aug 2014
UNDP supported publication of the new textbook on Human Development for students of universities of Tajikistan
UNDP supported publication of the new textbook on Human Development for students of universities of Tajikistan Dushanbe, 28 August 2014 – official presentation of the Textbook “Human Development”, that was developed with technical and financial support of UNDP for university students of Tajikistan, was conducted. After presentation delivered by national experts, Textbooks “Human Development” in Tajik and Russian were donated to universities’ representatives.
21 Aug 2014
UNDP increases regional cooperation in agribusiness with Afghanistan and Kyrgyzstan 21 August, Dushanbe – UNDP Tajikistan hosted a scoping mission of the UNDP Istanbul International Centre for Private Sector in Development to define opportunities for enhancing regional cooperation in the field of agribusiness.
21 Aug 2014
UNDP brings a solution in addressing the challenges of environment protection through introducing the waste-management system in Spitamen district, Sughd oblast
UNDP brings a solution in addressing the challenges of environment protection through introducing the waste-management system in Spitamen district, Sughd oblast August 21, 2014, Khujand – The sorting line for solid waste was launched in “Nau” village of Spitamen district, Sughd oblast with financial support of Department of International Development of the UK Government (DFID), UNDP and contribution of Executive Body of State Power in Sughd Oblast as well as local authority and community. UNDP Communities Programme brings a solution in addressing interconnected development challenges. The protection of environment and the problem of disposal of house-hold and construction wastes remain one of the global challenges and unfortunately, Tajikistan is not an exception. Given that only 7% of the territory of Tajikistan is land, however the large areas of land are employed for waste discharges and most of them are settled nearby inhabited localities
Fax: +992 44 6005620
Contact UNDP in Tajikistan39 Aini Street, 734024, Dushanbe, Tajikistan Phone: +992 44 6005600
Fax: +992 44 6005620
- 2015 a ‘Once in a Generation Opportunity’ for Sustainable Development | UNDP 14 hours ago
- 2015 a ‘Once in a Generation Opportunity’ for Sustainable Development New York, January 26 – The head of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) said today that while there is tremendous volatility and turmoil around the world, this year presented a unique opportunity to eradicate poverty and agree on a path for sustainable development. “At UNDP, we see 2015 as a huge opportunity to advance the global sustainable development agenda,” said Helen Clark at the opening session of UNDP’s Executive Board meeting in New York. “The Millennium Development Goals are set to expire at the end of this year and UN Member States will meet in September to agree on the new Sustainable Development Goals, which will guide global development priorities for the next 15 years.” She also cited other events this year that would be critical to global development: the 3rd World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction in March, in Sendai, Japan; the 3rd International Conference on Financing for Development in July in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; and the UN climate change conference in Paris, France, in December. “The combined outcomes of these major processes are a once in a generation opportunity to set a transformational global agenda for sustainable development,” she said. In her statement she also outlined UNDP’s work in response to current crises around the world such as the refugee crisis in countries neighboring Syria, and the crises in Central African Republic, South Sudan, Ukraine, and many others. “Through our work on early recovery we aim to support countries to move from the relief phase to recovery as quickly as possible,” she said. She also discussed UNDP’s implementation of its new Strategic Plan and its ongoing reforms to make the organization more effective and efficient. She also welcomed Fernando Carrera, Permanent Representative of Guatemala to the UN, on his election as President of the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board and thanked outgoing President Peter Thomson, Permanent Representative of Fiji to the United Nations. "This is an exceptional time for the development community", said Carrera, "The months leading up to the adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals offer a unique opportunity for all of us to shape a global agenda for the next generation that will ensure a reduction of poverty and inequality for the world's poorest and most vulnerable." "Likewise, in the run-up to the UN Climate Change Conference in Paris in December, this year is equally crucial for the international community's combined efforts to counter the effects of climate change." "The Executive Board will continue to oversee and support UNDP in the coming year, in particular in the Organization's ongoing efforts to strengthen oversight and accountability amongst partners and donors." Concluding her remarks, Clark said: “UNDP is fully committed to playing its part in making 2015 a launch pad for stepped up efforts to advance human, sustainable, and resilient development for all countries and peoples. We look forward to working with the Board to this end, and thank you once again for your support for our work.” Click here to read Helen Clark’s full remarks. Media Contact: Christina Lonigro Tel. +1 212 906 5301 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org 14 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook