North-East Asian Youth Conference: 'The World We Want'
53 young people from diverse backgrounds in Japan, China, Korea and Mongolia are set to take part in the North-East Asian Youth Consultation on the post-2015 development agenda in Seoul from 7th- 9th of January 2013.
Looking back at lessons from the Millennium Development Goals and looking forward to a future global development framework after 2015, they will produce a declaration on ‘The World They Want’ on behalf of North-East Asian youth.
Participants will hand their declaration over to key policymakers from Korea, China, Japan and Mongolia, including Korean Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Kim Sung-hwan, a member of the UN Secretary General's High Level Panel on the Post-2015 development agenda.
The High Level Panel will consolidate a set of recommendations for a global development post-2015 to be reviewed by the UN General Assembly in September 2013.
The North-East Asian youth declaration will feed into the High Level Panel’s work.
The Handover Ceremony will be open to the public. It will take place at 3pm in the International Studies Hall, at Korea University's Graduate School of international Studies on 9th of January 2013. To attend please fill in the brief registration form.
The Conference is co-hosted the UNDP Seoul Policy Centre, the Sub-Regional Office for East and North-East Asia of UNESCAP, the Global Compact Korea Network and Korea University.
Global development post-2015
Key resources on the post-2015 development agenda
- Official post-2015 website
- The Guardian - post-2015 explained
- Overseas Development Institute - post-2015 tracking site
- Official website for the MDGs
- 새롭게 단장한 서울정책센터의 영문/국문 사업 소개! 효과적인 개발협력을 위한 글로벌 파트너십의 “포스트 부산” 체제, 개발해법파트너십, 정책 연구, 대외활동 및 커뮤니케이션 등, 센터의 업무에 대해 더 알기 원하신다면 링크를 클릭하세요: http://bit.ly/1GLMd2S “The newly updated Our Work page is now on our website in English and Korean. Read more about our support to the post-Busan Global Partnership on Effective Development Cooperation, Development Solutions Partnerships, Policy Analysis and Outreach and communications. If you want to know more about our work, click the link!”: http://bit.ly/1Ip27F8 29 June AT 10:15 PM
- UNDP 서울정책센터 국내 파트너십! UNDP 서울정책센터는 개발 분야에서 대한민국 소재의 다양한 국제 기구 및 국내 기관들과 협력하고 있습니다. UNDP 서울정책센터의 파트너십에 대해 알아보세요. http://bit.ly/1eGRt10 Meet our Korean partners! The UNDP Seoul Policy Centre works with various international and national organizations in Korea in the area of development! Have a glimpse of the organizations with which we have partnerships. http://bit.ly/1eGRt10 24 June AT 03:22 AM
- 2015 아시아 정책 개발 프로그램에 참석한 UNDP 서울정책센터 앤 마리 슬로트 칼센 소장은 가나, 스리랑카, 자마이카, 네팔, 르완다 및 해외 각국에서 참여한 참석자들에게 “Post-2015 개발프레임워크 하에서 지속가능성과 개발이 함께 필요한 이유는 무엇인가”에 대한 강의를 진행했습니다. At the 2015 Asia Policy Development Program, our Director Anne Marie Sloth Carlsen met participants from Ghana, Sri Lanka, Jamaica, Nepal, Rwanda and more, speaking about “Why we need sustainability and development together in the post-2015 development framework”. 23 June AT 03:47 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook