North-East Asian Youth Conference: 'The World We Want'
53 young people from diverse backgrounds in Japan, China, Korea and Mongolia are set to take part in the North-East Asian Youth Consultation on the post-2015 development agenda in Seoul from 7th- 9th of January 2013.
Looking back at lessons from the Millennium Development Goals and looking forward to a future global development framework after 2015, they will produce a declaration on ‘The World They Want’ on behalf of North-East Asian youth.
Participants will hand their declaration over to key policymakers from Korea, China, Japan and Mongolia, including Korean Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Kim Sung-hwan, a member of the UN Secretary General's High Level Panel on the Post-2015 development agenda.
The High Level Panel will consolidate a set of recommendations for a global development post-2015 to be reviewed by the UN General Assembly in September 2013.
The North-East Asian youth declaration will feed into the High Level Panel’s work.
The Handover Ceremony will be open to the public. It will take place at 3pm in the International Studies Hall, at Korea University's Graduate School of international Studies on 9th of January 2013. To attend please fill in the brief registration form.
The Conference is co-hosted the UNDP Seoul Policy Centre, the Sub-Regional Office for East and North-East Asia of UNESCAP, the Global Compact Korea Network and Korea University.
Global development post-2015
Key resources on the post-2015 development agenda
- Official post-2015 website
- The Guardian - post-2015 explained
- Overseas Development Institute - post-2015 tracking site
- Official website for the MDGs
- Please propagate this EDRI among youth ELECT-DISCUSS-RESOLVE-IMPLEMENT (EDRI): The basic fiber of EDRI of the Youth which are formed on democratic lines following the Values of Election-Resolution-Executing or Implemented by participatory method of electing their own president and executive body. This democratic process at its roots is fostering democratic leadership emerging as awared change harbingers, by acting against exploitation and deprivation yet inculcating in them the new spirit of self confidence for self reliance, by which, availing the fruits of state welfare concepts, schemes, aids, grants and subsidies that are made available by the both centre and state in different forms. Youth club approach is a holistic & integrated approach , youth club has become vulnerable because we never nurtured our movement with required inputs & resources Changing youth trends can be met through YC, wherein we can ensure youth participation ultimate for empowerment --- base is the same, (youth club) but we need to change the objectives, outlook & our strategies based on need analysis B J Prasanna DYC NYK 09 August AT 05:08 AM
- UNDP 서울정책센터에서 2016년 하반기 인턴을 모집합니다!! 지원 마감일은 2016년 8 월 10일 낮 2시 (서울시간)입니다. 세부 사항은 첨부 링크를 참고하시기 바라며, 널리 공유해주시기 바랍니다! https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=67611 Call for Internships at United Nations Development Programme - Seoul Policy Centre! Applications are due at 2pm on 10 August 2016 (Seoul time). Please consult the following link for details, and please share widely! https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=67611 01 August AT 11:53 AM
- 지난 20일에 종료된 UN 고위급정치포럼 (#HLPF2016) 에서 반기문 사무총장은 첫 SDGs 경과 보고서를 발표했습니다. 동 보고서는 현존하는 데이터를 이용하여 17개 목표에 대한 전 세계 현황을 정확히 평가하고 있습니다. 전체 보고서는 링크를 참고하세요: http://unstats.un.org/sdgs/report/2016/The%20Sustainable%20Development%20Goals%20Report%202016.pdf At the UN High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (#HLPF2016) which just ended on 20 July, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon launched the first-ever progress report on the Sustainable Development Goals. “It provides an accurate evaluation of where the world stands on the 17 Goals, using data currently available,” he said. Read the full report at: http://unstats.un.org/sdgs/report/2016/The%20Sustainable%20Development%20Goals%20Report%202016.pdf 22 July AT 01:44 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook