North-East Asian Youth Conference: 'The World We Want'
53 young people from diverse backgrounds in Japan, China, Korea and Mongolia are set to take part in the North-East Asian Youth Consultation on the post-2015 development agenda in Seoul from 7th- 9th of January 2013.
Looking back at lessons from the Millennium Development Goals and looking forward to a future global development framework after 2015, they will produce a declaration on ‘The World They Want’ on behalf of North-East Asian youth.
Participants will hand their declaration over to key policymakers from Korea, China, Japan and Mongolia, including Korean Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Kim Sung-hwan, a member of the UN Secretary General's High Level Panel on the Post-2015 development agenda.
The High Level Panel will consolidate a set of recommendations for a global development post-2015 to be reviewed by the UN General Assembly in September 2013.
The North-East Asian youth declaration will feed into the High Level Panel’s work.
The Handover Ceremony will be open to the public. It will take place at 3pm in the International Studies Hall, at Korea University's Graduate School of international Studies on 9th of January 2013. To attend please fill in the brief registration form.
The Conference is co-hosted the UNDP Seoul Policy Centre, the Sub-Regional Office for East and North-East Asia of UNESCAP, the Global Compact Korea Network and Korea University.
Global development post-2015
Key resources on the post-2015 development agenda
- Official post-2015 website
- The Guardian - post-2015 explained
- Overseas Development Institute - post-2015 tracking site
- Official website for the MDGs
- UNDP 서울정책센터 인턴십 모집이 7월 24일 정오 (서울 시간)으로 연장 되었습니다. 대학원생 (한국 및 외국 국적 모두 가능)들의 활발한 지원을 바랍니다. 2015년 9월 가을 학기에 대학원생으로 등록되어 있는 학생들만 지원 가능합니다. 링크를 참고하세요: http://bit.ly/UuV34g Deadline is now extended to NOON (Seoul Time), FRIDAY 24 July 2015! Internships at the UNDP Seoul Policy Centre! Qualified graduate students, both Korean and foreign, are encouraged to apply! Please note that only those enrolled in graduate studies as of September 2015 are eligible for the internship. Click the link: http://bit.ly/UuV34g 21 July AT 09:36 PM
- 기후변화를 위한 UNDP의 업무-우리 시대의 도전에 대한 정의 뉴스: 감비아에서의 재생가능에너지를 이용한 농촌 지역 전기화 (Electrification) 작업 더 자세한 사항은 링크를 클릭하세요: http://bit.ly/1CG6YRa UNDP’s work on climate change - the defining challenge of our time News: Rural Electrification with Renewable Energy in The Gambia http://bit.ly/1CG6YRa 15 July AT 03:58 AM
- 기후변화를 위한 UNDP의 업무-우리 시대의 도전에 대한 정의 "기후 변화 대응에 있어서, 경제학의 값으로 따질 수 없는 소중함에 대해 이해하기"이와 관련하여 프라딥 쿠루쿨라수리야 & 마리아나 이모에스의 블로그를 읽어 보세요: http://bit.ly/1O5DRax UNDP’s work on climate change - the defining challenge of our time Blog: In adaptation, understanding economics is priceless - Pradeep Kurukulasuriya & Mariana Simões http://bit.ly/1O5DRax 15 July AT 03:54 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook