North-East Asian Youth Conference: 'The World We Want'
53 young people from diverse backgrounds in Japan, China, Korea and Mongolia are set to take part in the North-East Asian Youth Consultation on the post-2015 development agenda in Seoul from 7th- 9th of January 2013.
Looking back at lessons from the Millennium Development Goals and looking forward to a future global development framework after 2015, they will produce a declaration on ‘The World They Want’ on behalf of North-East Asian youth.
Participants will hand their declaration over to key policymakers from Korea, China, Japan and Mongolia, including Korean Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Kim Sung-hwan, a member of the UN Secretary General's High Level Panel on the Post-2015 development agenda.
The High Level Panel will consolidate a set of recommendations for a global development post-2015 to be reviewed by the UN General Assembly in September 2013.
The North-East Asian youth declaration will feed into the High Level Panel’s work.
The Handover Ceremony will be open to the public. It will take place at 3pm in the International Studies Hall, at Korea University's Graduate School of international Studies on 9th of January 2013. To attend please fill in the brief registration form.
The Conference is co-hosted the UNDP Seoul Policy Centre, the Sub-Regional Office for East and North-East Asia of UNESCAP, the Global Compact Korea Network and Korea University.
Global development post-2015
Key resources on the post-2015 development agenda
- Official post-2015 website
- The Guardian - post-2015 explained
- Overseas Development Institute - post-2015 tracking site
- Official website for the MDGs
- 5월 4일 (수) 오전 10시 고려대학교에서 “UNDP 인간개발보고서: 일과 인간개발”에 관한 라운드테이블이 열립니다. UNDP 서울정책센터, 외교부 및 고려대학교가 공동 개최하는 이번 라운드테이블에는 국제개발과 일의 의미에 대해 논의할 전문가들이 다수 참여합니다. 참석을 원하시는 분들은 다음 링크를 통해 사전 신청 바랍니다! http://goo.gl/forms/SwuZQGtwwo The UNDP Seoul Policy Centre, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Korea University invite you to join the roundtable titled “UNDP Human Development Report: Work and Human Development” on 4 May, 2016 at 10:00am at Korea University. Representatives from leading universities, research institutions, UN agencies, NGOs and governments will discuss the implications of work for human development. To attend, please sign up here: http://goo.gl/forms/SwuZQGtwwo 28 April AT 11:07 PM
- 지속가능개발목표 (#SDGs)를 홍보하는 UNDP 의 쌍둥이 “판다 대사” 이름짓기 캠페인이 가수 수지를 비롯한 여러 고위급 인사들이 참여한 가운데 오늘 용인 에버랜드에서 국내 론칭 되었습니다. 캠페인 홈페이지 www.sdgpanda.org 를 통해 이름 공모전에 참여한 분들에게는 UNDP 판다 홍보대사로 선발될 기회가 주어집니다. 자세한 사항은 다음을 클릭하세요! http://bit.ly/23LBmGK UNDP’s Global Panda Campaign to name its twin “Pambassadors” for the Sustainable Development Goals (#SDGs) was launched at Everland in Korea today in the presence of popular Korean singer, Suzy, among others. Please visit www.sdgpanda.org to win a chance to become one of UNDP’s 17 Panda Envoys, and click here for full story: http://bit.ly/23LBmGK 21 April AT 11:26 AM
- UNDP 서울정책센터는 국내 재해 위기 감축을 위한 재식림의 가치평가 분석을 담당할 단기 컨설턴트를 급히 채용 중입니다. 세부 내용은 첨부 링크를 참고하시기 바라며, 널리 공유해주시기 바랍니다! The UNDP Seoul Policy Centre is urgently recruiting short-term consultants to conduct analysis on the valuation of reforestation in terms of disaster risk reduction in the Republic of Korea. Please consult the following links for details, and please share widely! https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=65672 https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=65672 https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=65650 19 April AT 10:03 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook