North-East Asian Youth Conference: 'The World We Want'
53 young people from diverse backgrounds in Japan, China, Korea and Mongolia are set to take part in the North-East Asian Youth Consultation on the post-2015 development agenda in Seoul from 7th- 9th of January 2013.
Looking back at lessons from the Millennium Development Goals and looking forward to a future global development framework after 2015, they will produce a declaration on ‘The World They Want’ on behalf of North-East Asian youth.
Participants will hand their declaration over to key policymakers from Korea, China, Japan and Mongolia, including Korean Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Kim Sung-hwan, a member of the UN Secretary General's High Level Panel on the Post-2015 development agenda.
The High Level Panel will consolidate a set of recommendations for a global development post-2015 to be reviewed by the UN General Assembly in September 2013.
The North-East Asian youth declaration will feed into the High Level Panel’s work.
The Handover Ceremony will be open to the public. It will take place at 3pm in the International Studies Hall, at Korea University's Graduate School of international Studies on 9th of January 2013. To attend please fill in the brief registration form.
The Conference is co-hosted the UNDP Seoul Policy Centre, the Sub-Regional Office for East and North-East Asia of UNESCAP, the Global Compact Korea Network and Korea University.
Global development post-2015
Key resources on the post-2015 development agenda
- Official post-2015 website
- The Guardian - post-2015 explained
- Overseas Development Institute - post-2015 tracking site
- Official website for the MDGs
- UNDP가 의제설정에 가장 영향력 있는 다자 또는 양자 개발기관 톱10에 선정되었습니다. 이는 미국의 AidData 연구기관이 최근 개발도상국의 개발 파트너 6,7310명을 대상으로 실시한 설문조사의 결과입니다. 환경보호와 공공서비스 분야에서는 UNDP 가 영향력 1위를 차지했습니다. 전체 연구 보고서와 새롭게 도입된 ‘금전가치 지수’ 개념에 대한 상세 설명은 다음을 참고하세요: http://bit.ly/1RXUqHR. 워싱턴 포스트에 게재된 관련 기사도 읽어보세요. http://wapo.st/1PQvPa1 UNDP was ranked among top 10 most influential for agenda setting among multilateral and bilateral development agencies, according to 6,731 partners in developing countries who were asked to respond to a new survey by #AidData, a research group based in the United States. In areas such as environmental protection and civil service, UNDP is considered the No 1 influencer. Read the full research report and the interesting ‘value for money’ index at http://bit.ly/1RXUqHR and related article in the Washington Post: http://wapo.st/1PQvPa1 22 November AT 09:18 PM
- ‘포괄적 글로벌 파트너쉽’은 지속가능한 개발을 위한 2030 어젠다 달성을 위해 어떤 역할을 해야 할까요? UNDP 부총재 마이클 오닐이 제9회 서울 ODA 국제회의에서 발표를 진행했습니다. 발표 내용 확인은 다음을 클릭하세요. http://bit.ly/1WZQSGh What does ‘inclusive global partnership’ mean for Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals (#SDGs)? Read what UNDP Assistant Administrator, Mr. Michael O’Neill, had to say at the 9th Seoul ODA Conference at http://bit.ly/1WZQSGh 18 November AT 10:53 PM
- 녹색기후기금이 첫번째 투자사업 심사 결과를 발표했는데요, 최초로 승인된 사업 8건 중 UNDP 의 말라위 사업과 몰디브 사업이 선정되었습니다! 녹색기후기금이 이 두 사업에 지원할 돈은 3,590만 달러에 이르며, 말라위 사업은 현대화된 기후정보 및 조기경보시스템을, 몰디브 사업은 기후변화로 인한 수자원 부족 문제를 지원할 것입니다. 자세한 내용은 링크를 참고하세요: http://bit.ly/20UmBgO The Green Climate Fund has released its first funding - and UNDP projects in Malawi and the Maldives were among the first eight to be approved! The two projects will receive $35.9 million in support, and will aim to provide communities access to modernized climate information and early warning systems in Malawi and support to climate change induced water shortages in the Maldives. More details at http://bit.ly/20UmBgO 16 November AT 01:47 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook