North-East Asian Youth Conference: 'The World We Want'
53 young people from diverse backgrounds in Japan, China, Korea and Mongolia are set to take part in the North-East Asian Youth Consultation on the post-2015 development agenda in Seoul from 7th- 9th of January 2013.
Looking back at lessons from the Millennium Development Goals and looking forward to a future global development framework after 2015, they will produce a declaration on ‘The World They Want’ on behalf of North-East Asian youth.
Participants will hand their declaration over to key policymakers from Korea, China, Japan and Mongolia, including Korean Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Kim Sung-hwan, a member of the UN Secretary General's High Level Panel on the Post-2015 development agenda.
The High Level Panel will consolidate a set of recommendations for a global development post-2015 to be reviewed by the UN General Assembly in September 2013.
The North-East Asian youth declaration will feed into the High Level Panel’s work.
The Handover Ceremony will be open to the public. It will take place at 3pm in the International Studies Hall, at Korea University's Graduate School of international Studies on 9th of January 2013. To attend please fill in the brief registration form.
The Conference is co-hosted the UNDP Seoul Policy Centre, the Sub-Regional Office for East and North-East Asia of UNESCAP, the Global Compact Korea Network and Korea University.
Global development post-2015
Key resources on the post-2015 development agenda
- Official post-2015 website
- The Guardian - post-2015 explained
- Overseas Development Institute - post-2015 tracking site
- Official website for the MDGs
- UNDP 가 10월 12-13일 모로코, 라바트에서 진행되는 국가자발적감축목표 포럼을 공동 주최합니다. 이 자리에서 국가들은 2015년 유엔기후회의를 대비해 제출한 기후 이행 목표 (자발적감축목표)를 논의합니다. UNDP는 자발적감축목표의 수립을 위해 37개 국가를 지원하였습니다. UNDP 부총재 매그디 마티네즈-솔리만의 포럼 기조연설 내용 확인은 다음을 클릭하세요 http://bit.ly/1VPhluY UNDP is co-organizing the #INDCForum in Rabat, Morocco, 12-13 October, bringing countries together to discuss climate action goals, or Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (#INDC), submitted for the 2015 UN Climate Change Conference (#COP21). UNDP has supported 37 countries to develop their INDCs. Read what UNDP's Magdy Martinez-Soliman had to say at the opening of the #INDCForum: http://bit.ly/1VPhluY 15 hours ago
- UNDP가 기후변화 의제를 어떻게 지원할까요? UNDP 와 녹색기후기금(GCF)은 어떻게 협력할까요? UNDP 서울정책센터 앤 마리 슬로트 칼센 소장이”GCF를 활용한 프로젝트 추진 세미나(Seminar on Climate Change Projects and Programs)”에서 UNDP 의 기후변화 업무에 대해 발표를 진행했습니다. 발표 내용 확인은 다음을 클릭하세요. http://bit.ly/1LzB4Kb How does UNDP support the climate change agenda and how does UNDP work with the Green Climate Fund? UNDP Seoul Policy Centre’s Director, Ms. Anne Marie Sloth Carlsen, presented UNDP’s work on climate change at the Seminar on Climate Change Projects and Programs (CCPP). Read more about her presentation: http://bit.ly/1LzB4Kb 08 October AT 01:25 AM
- “[…] 21세기의 지속가능한 개발은 다른 사람에 의해, 다른 곳에서 벌어지는 것이 아닙니다. 우리 모두가 담당해야 할 역할이 있으며, 이를 증진시키기 위해 각 국가가 맡아야 할 일이 있습니다.” – UNDP 총재 헬렌 클라크. 허핑턴 포스트에 게재된 블로그를 읽어보세요. http://huff.to/1Vdf1rW “[…] sustainable development in the 21st century isn’t something which happens to somebody else, somewhere else. We all have a stake in it – and every country has work to do to progress towards it,” says Helen Clark, Administrator of United Nations Development Programme - UNDP. Read her blog in the Huffington Post. http://huff.to/1Vdf1rW #GlobalGoals 07 October AT 11:31 PM
- "See more posts on"Facebook