North-East Asian Youth Conference: 'The World We Want'
53 young people from diverse backgrounds in Japan, China, Korea and Mongolia are set to take part in the North-East Asian Youth Consultation on the post-2015 development agenda in Seoul from 7th- 9th of January 2013.
Looking back at lessons from the Millennium Development Goals and looking forward to a future global development framework after 2015, they will produce a declaration on ‘The World They Want’ on behalf of North-East Asian youth.
Participants will hand their declaration over to key policymakers from Korea, China, Japan and Mongolia, including Korean Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Kim Sung-hwan, a member of the UN Secretary General's High Level Panel on the Post-2015 development agenda.
The High Level Panel will consolidate a set of recommendations for a global development post-2015 to be reviewed by the UN General Assembly in September 2013.
The North-East Asian youth declaration will feed into the High Level Panel’s work.
The Handover Ceremony will be open to the public. It will take place at 3pm in the International Studies Hall, at Korea University's Graduate School of international Studies on 9th of January 2013. To attend please fill in the brief registration form.
The Conference is co-hosted the UNDP Seoul Policy Centre, the Sub-Regional Office for East and North-East Asia of UNESCAP, the Global Compact Korea Network and Korea University.
Global development post-2015
Key resources on the post-2015 development agenda
- Official post-2015 website
- The Guardian - post-2015 explained
- Overseas Development Institute - post-2015 tracking site
- Official website for the MDGs
- 지난 12월 2~5일에 개최된 공공건설 투명성 국제 워크샵의 ‘핸드북 & 정책 툴박스’ 출간물이 발행되었습니다. 공공건설 분야의 투명성과 책임성을 도모하기 위해 세계 여러 나라와 우리나라에서 추진중인 정책들이 소개되어 있습니다. 자세한 내용은 다음을 클릭하세요: http://bit.ly/1Q5WNG5. The ‘Workshop Handbook & Policy Toolbox’ of the International Workshop for Public Construction Transparency held on 2-5 December 2015 is now available online! To see examples of policy initiatives around the world and a concise summary of Korea’s initiatives to promote transparency and accountability in the public construction sector, please read the full report at: http://bit.ly/1Q5WNG5. 01 February AT 02:01 AM
- 유엔개발계획의 50주년을 기념하는 2016년의 첫 소식입니다! (#UNDP50) UNDP 서울정책센터에서 2016년 상반기 인턴십 모집을 시작합니다. 지원서 마감일은 2016년 1 월 29일 12시입니다. 자세한 내용은 홈페이지를 참고하세요: http://bit.ly/UuV34g Here is the first news of 2016 - UNDP's 50th anniversary year! (#UNDP50) Call for Internships at United Nations Development Programme - Seoul Policy Centre! Applications are due at noon on 29 January 2016. Read more details: http://bit.ly/UuV34g 18 January AT 02:50 AM
- UNDP는 국민권익위원회와 함께 우리나라 반부패 정책들을 여러 다른 나라들과 공유하기 위한 시범 사업을 추진하고 있습니다. 그 첫번째 활동으로 공공기관들이 반부패 정책을 얼마나 효율적으로 시행하는지를 평가하는 권익위의 반부패 시책 평가 제도를 베트남 정부와 공유하는 워크샵을 하노이에서 3일간 개최했습니다. 워크샵에 대한 자세한 내용은 다음을 클릭하세요 http://bit.ly/1NSD9wH UNDP, in partnership with Korea’s Anti-Corruption & Civil Rights Commission (ACRC) and the government of Vietnam, are conducting a pilot project that aims to facilitate knowledge sharing and application of Korea’s approaches to anti-corruption with other countries. The first major activity of this project was a three-day workshop in Hanoi to share the ACRC’s Anti-Corruption Initiative Assessment (AIA) tool, which assesses the effectiveness of Korean public sector organizations in implementing the government’s anti-corruption policies and initiatives. Read more about the workshop at http://bit.ly/1NSD9wH. 28 December AT 11:56 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook