North-East Asian Youth Conference: 'The World We Want'
53 young people from diverse backgrounds in Japan, China, Korea and Mongolia are set to take part in the North-East Asian Youth Consultation on the post-2015 development agenda in Seoul from 7th- 9th of January 2013.
Looking back at lessons from the Millennium Development Goals and looking forward to a future global development framework after 2015, they will produce a declaration on ‘The World They Want’ on behalf of North-East Asian youth.
Participants will hand their declaration over to key policymakers from Korea, China, Japan and Mongolia, including Korean Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Kim Sung-hwan, a member of the UN Secretary General's High Level Panel on the Post-2015 development agenda.
The High Level Panel will consolidate a set of recommendations for a global development post-2015 to be reviewed by the UN General Assembly in September 2013.
The North-East Asian youth declaration will feed into the High Level Panel’s work.
The Handover Ceremony will be open to the public. It will take place at 3pm in the International Studies Hall, at Korea University's Graduate School of international Studies on 9th of January 2013. To attend please fill in the brief registration form.
The Conference is co-hosted the UNDP Seoul Policy Centre, the Sub-Regional Office for East and North-East Asia of UNESCAP, the Global Compact Korea Network and Korea University.
Global development post-2015
Key resources on the post-2015 development agenda
- Official post-2015 website
- The Guardian - post-2015 explained
- Overseas Development Institute - post-2015 tracking site
- Official website for the MDGs
- UNDP 서울정책센터에서 행정 인턴을 모집합니다! 지원 마감일은 2016년 6월 25일 낮 2시입니다. 세부 내용은 첨부 링크를 참고하시기 바라며, 널리 공유해주시기 바랍니다! https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=66939 The UNDP Seoul Policy Centre is urgently recruiting an administrative intern! Applications are due at 2pm on 25 June 2016. Please consult the following link for details, and please share widely! https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=66939 20 June AT 10:52 PM
- 6월 9일 (목) 오후 4시 고려대학교에서 “기후변화와 재해 적응력”에 관한 SDGs 라운드테이블이 열립니다. 자세한 정보와 참석을 원하시는 분들은 다음 링크를 통해 사전 신청 바랍니다! http://goo.gl/forms/jcsnEeWx40n9m6No2 The UNDP Seoul Policy Centre invites you to join the SDGs Roundtable on Climate Change and Disaster Resilience on 9 June, 2016 at 4:00pm at Korea University. For detailed information, and to RSVP, please click here: http://goo.gl/forms/jcsnEeWx40n9m6No2 01 June AT 03:57 AM
- 2030개발의제는 ‘누구도 뒤처지지 않는 (Leave No One Behind) 발전’을 표방하고 있습니다. 이 중요한 가치를 반영하여 'UNDP인간개발보고서: 인간개발을 위한 일' 은 지속가능한 일, 일의 세계와 양성 평등을 이야기 하고 있습니다. 지난주에 개최된 인간개발보고서 라운드테이블 회의의 동영상 스케치와 함께 더 자세한 내용도 읽어보세요: http://bit.ly/27iLje0. The commitment to leave no one behind is a key feature of the 2030 Agenda, and this focus is reflected in the ‘UNDP Human Development Report: Work for Human Development’, which calls for sustainable work and the need to address gender inequalities in the world of work. Watch the video of last week’s Roundtable Discussion on the Human Development Report and learn more at http://bit.ly/27iLje0. 13 May AT 03:15 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook