Working arrangements for the Global Partnership
The mandate for the 'Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation', as well as light global arrangements to support the monitoring of the Busan commitments were agreed at the final meeting of the OECD DAC Working Party on Aid Effectiveness on 28 and 29 June 2012.
Following the meeting, consultations among stakeholders confirmed the appointment of three ministerial Co-Chairs for the Global Partnership, as well as the members of its Steering Committee. The process of designing a post-Busan global framework attracted significant interest from the range of countries and organisations that endorsed the Busan Partnership declaration.
Ms Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Minister of Finance, Nigeria; Ms Armida Alisjahbana, Minister of State for National Development Planning, Indonesia and Mr Andrew Mitchell, Secretary of State for International Development, United Kingdom, have been confirmed as Co-Chairs of the Global Partnership for Effective Development Co-operation.
The membership of a senior-level Steering Committee was also announced (a full list of names is provided below). The inaugural meeting of the Steering Committee is scheduled to take place in autumn 2012.
Confirmed Co-Chairs and Steering Committee Members
- Ms. Armida Alisjahbana, Minister of State for National Development Planning, INDONESIA.
- Mr Andrew Mitchell, Secretary of State for International Development, UNITED KINGDOM.
- Ms. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Minister of Finance, NIGERIA.
Steering Committee members:
Mr. Brahim Adoum Bachar, Secretary General, Ministry of Economy and Planning, CHAD.
Mr. Luis Fernando Carrera Castro, Secretary for Planning and Programming, Presidency,
Mr. Iqbal Mahmood, Senior Secretary, Ministry of Finance, BANGLADESH.
Ms. Noumea Simi, Assistant Chief Executive Officer, Ministry of Finance, SAMOA.
Mr. Helder da Costa, Director of the International Secretariat of the g7+, Ministry of Finance, TIMOR-LESTE*.
(* representing the g7+ group of fragile and conflict-affected states)
Mr. Luis Olivera, Executive Director, Peruvian Agency for International Cooperation (APCI), PERU.
Mr. Gustavo Martin Prada, Director, EUROPEAN COMMISSION.
Ms. Enna Park, Director General for Development Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, KOREA.
Mr. Donald Steinberg, Deputy Administrator, US Agency for International Development, UNITED STATES.
(to be confirmed)
Mr. Martin Chungong, Director, Division of Programmes, INTER-PARLIAMENTARY UNION.
Ms. Mayra Moro-Coco, BETTERAID.
Ms. Sophie Sirtaine, Director, Corporate Reform and Strategy, Operations, Policy and Country Services, WORLD BANK.
Ms. Sigrid Kaag, Assistant Secretary General and Assistant Administrator, Bureau for External Relations and Advocacy, UNDP.
Mr. Brian Atwood, Chair, Development Assistance Committee, OECD.
A Joint OECD / UNDP secretariat will support the effective functioning of the Global Partnership. The focal points listed below are at hand to provide information and respond to any queries:
- 지난 20일에 종료된 UN 고위급정치포럼 (#HLPF2016) 에서 반기문 사무총장은 첫 SDGs 경과 보고서를 발표했습니다. 동 보고서는 현존하는 데이터를 이용하여 17개 목표에 대한 전 세계 현황을 정확히 평가하고 있습니다. 전체 보고서는 링크를 참고하세요: http://unstats.un.org/sdgs/report/2016/The%20Sustainable%20Development%20Goals%20Report%202016.pdf At the UN High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (#HLPF2016) which just ended on 20 July, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon launched the first-ever progress report on the Sustainable Development Goals. “It provides an accurate evaluation of where the world stands on the 17 Goals, using data currently available,” he said. Read the full report at: http://unstats.un.org/sdgs/report/2016/The%20Sustainable%20Development%20Goals%20Report%202016.pdf Friday AT 01:44 AM
- Assistant Mayor of Seoul Metropolitan Government: Transparent system of public construction was... Thursday AT 02:48 AM
- United Nations Development Programme - UNDP 20 July AT 04:08 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook