Working arrangements for the Global Partnership
The mandate for the 'Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation', as well as light global arrangements to support the monitoring of the Busan commitments were agreed at the final meeting of the OECD DAC Working Party on Aid Effectiveness on 28 and 29 June 2012.
Following the meeting, consultations among stakeholders confirmed the appointment of three ministerial Co-Chairs for the Global Partnership, as well as the members of its Steering Committee. The process of designing a post-Busan global framework attracted significant interest from the range of countries and organisations that endorsed the Busan Partnership declaration.
Ms Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Minister of Finance, Nigeria; Ms Armida Alisjahbana, Minister of State for National Development Planning, Indonesia and Mr Andrew Mitchell, Secretary of State for International Development, United Kingdom, have been confirmed as Co-Chairs of the Global Partnership for Effective Development Co-operation.
The membership of a senior-level Steering Committee was also announced (a full list of names is provided below). The inaugural meeting of the Steering Committee is scheduled to take place in autumn 2012.
Confirmed Co-Chairs and Steering Committee Members
- Ms. Armida Alisjahbana, Minister of State for National Development Planning, INDONESIA.
- Mr Andrew Mitchell, Secretary of State for International Development, UNITED KINGDOM.
- Ms. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Minister of Finance, NIGERIA.
Steering Committee members:
Mr. Brahim Adoum Bachar, Secretary General, Ministry of Economy and Planning, CHAD.
Mr. Luis Fernando Carrera Castro, Secretary for Planning and Programming, Presidency,
Mr. Iqbal Mahmood, Senior Secretary, Ministry of Finance, BANGLADESH.
Ms. Noumea Simi, Assistant Chief Executive Officer, Ministry of Finance, SAMOA.
Mr. Helder da Costa, Director of the International Secretariat of the g7+, Ministry of Finance, TIMOR-LESTE*.
(* representing the g7+ group of fragile and conflict-affected states)
Mr. Luis Olivera, Executive Director, Peruvian Agency for International Cooperation (APCI), PERU.
Mr. Gustavo Martin Prada, Director, EUROPEAN COMMISSION.
Ms. Enna Park, Director General for Development Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, KOREA.
Mr. Donald Steinberg, Deputy Administrator, US Agency for International Development, UNITED STATES.
(to be confirmed)
Mr. Martin Chungong, Director, Division of Programmes, INTER-PARLIAMENTARY UNION.
Ms. Mayra Moro-Coco, BETTERAID.
Ms. Sophie Sirtaine, Director, Corporate Reform and Strategy, Operations, Policy and Country Services, WORLD BANK.
Ms. Sigrid Kaag, Assistant Secretary General and Assistant Administrator, Bureau for External Relations and Advocacy, UNDP.
Mr. Brian Atwood, Chair, Development Assistance Committee, OECD.
A Joint OECD / UNDP secretariat will support the effective functioning of the Global Partnership. The focal points listed below are at hand to provide information and respond to any queries:
- 2030개발의제는 ‘누구도 뒤처지지 않는 (Leave No One Behind) 발전’을 표방하고 있습니다. 이 중요한 가치를 반영하여 'UNDP인간개발보고서: 인간개발을 위한 일' 은 지속가능한 일, 일의 세계와 양성 평등을 이야기 하고 있습니다. 지난주에 개최된 인간개발보고서 라운드테이블 회의의 동영상 스케치와 함께 더 자세한 내용도 읽어보세요: http://bit.ly/27iLje0. The commitment to leave no one behind is a key feature of the 2030 Agenda, and this focus is reflected in the ‘UNDP Human Development Report: Work for Human Development’, which calls for sustainable work and the need to address gender inequalities in the world of work. Watch the video of last week’s Roundtable Discussion on the Human Development Report and learn more at http://bit.ly/27iLje0. 13 May AT 03:15 AM
- Hi there, we don’t want you to miss out on this opportunity. Do you have a social enterprise to impact your community? Take part in the DBS - NUS Social Venture Challenge Asia TODAY for a chance to gain feedback and funding. Applications close 15 May. 4 days left - go for it! https://www.facebook.com/DBSNUS/photos/a.169219229933674.1073741828.168651779990419/476541462534781/?type=3&theater 10 May AT 11:55 PM
- 04 May AT 11:18 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook