- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 1 - 15 of 15
21 Mar 2014
Ending stigma and discrimination against Romani women and girls key to ensuring equality and women advancement in Moldova
A new UN report on the situation of Romani women and girls in the Republic of Moldova which is the result of nearly two years of research and consultations with a range of stakeholders, including extensive empirical documentation and interviews with Romani women themselves, reveals that Romani women represent one of the most excluded groups in Moldova.
19 Dec 2013
The activity of Moldovan Police has become more efficient since the implementation of the intelligence led policing concept, which contributes to the prompt identification of criminals and rapid solving of crimes.
10 Dec 2013
The Electronic Government Center, in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme in Moldova, organised the Public Sector Innovation and Productivity Forum, within the reform process of the local public administration and the governance e-Transformation agenda. The event was attended by Government representatives, international experts, coordinators for e-transformation within the Government and development partners.
09 Dec 2013
International anti-corruption day marked in Moldova through actions involving youth in fighting corruption in schools
On the International Anti-Corruption Day, several groups of youth and students – National Pupils’ Council, Youth Media Centre, and the Y-Peer network in Moldova – re-launched the ”NU copiez! – I choose to be honest” campaign, which promotes integrity during school tests and exams.
18 Nov 2013
Members of Parliaments of Serbia, Romania, Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova gathered in Chisinau to discuss the role of Parliaments in fighting corruption. The two-day workshop is organized by the Parliament of the Republic of Moldova with the support of UNDP’s Democracy Programme funded by the Governments of Denmark and Sweden.
12 Nov 2013
The Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Moldova has now an electronic registry of arms which ensures a more efficient control and management of the legal circulation of small and light arms. The Government of Romania provided assistance worth US$ 113.000 through a project aimed at strengthening the capacities of the Ministry of Interior in fighting crime, implemented by UNDP, to ensure a secure and swift exchange of data on the circulation of small and light arms in the Republic of Moldova.
24 Oct 2013
The Report presents new data on Roma in communities with high concentration of Roma population in Moldova in fields such as education, health, migration, employment and living standards.
21 Oct 2013
UN week in Moldova promotes role of youth, prevention of violence against children and access to services for the most vulnerable
The United Nations in the Republic of Moldova will mark the 68th anniversary of the Organization through a series of events in Chisinau and other localities of the country. Marked annually on October 24, the United Nations Day aims to promote the UN’s values and work around the world as well as the cooperation with the member-states.
16 Sep 2013
International Democracy Day: Speech by UN Resident Coordinator Nicola Harrington-Buhay at Moldova State University
At the time the United Nations was established, many parts of the world were not even independent, much less democratic. Still, the UN Charter assumed that governing by the will of the people was the only way to secure the three interlinked goals of the United Nations: peace, human rights, and development for everyone. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights went on to identify the right of all people to take part in the government of their country as a universal human right.
02 Jul 2013
As of today, the rayon hospital from Rezina has a new General Surgery Unit. The European Union and the United Nations Development Programme in partnership with the local public administration provided over 115,000 Euro for its renovation.
02 Jul 2013
For the first time, 11 schools from the Transnistrian region created their own blogs, where pupils can practice their journalistic skills and share their achievements. For one year, 70 pupils from the region were trained to create blogs for their schools. At the end of the training course, young bloggers gathered together at a summer school organized with the assistance of the EU-UNDP “Support to Confidence Building Measures” Programme to share their experience.
31 May 2013
Civil society organizations, legal experts and human rights lawyers learned how to use the law in protecting, upholding and fulfilling their rights, improve legal literacy, and access to legal services by increasing awareness of HIV-related laws, policies and regulations.
05 Apr 2013
The United Nations and its partners are today marking the milestone of 1,000 days to the end of 2015 – the target date for achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
27 Feb 2013
Academy of Public Administration launched today a course on renewable energy and energy efficiency for public officials. The course represents a joint initiative of EU-UNDP Energy and Biomass Project and the Energy Efficiency Agency.
07 Feb 2013
The Agency for Public Procurement of the Government of Moldova launched today the first-ever electronic procurement system which brings Moldova closer to the EU standards and requirements in the management of public procurement processes.
- Timeline Photos 4 hours ago
- 15 companii de pe ambele maluri ale Nistrului participă la renumita expoziție internațională Wine&Delicacies din Praga. Participarea cu un stand colectiv la acest eveniment a producătorilor de pe ambele maluri ale Nistrului este organizată de Camera de Comerţ şi Industrie cu asistenţa financiară a Programului UE-PNUD ”Susţinerea măsurilor de promovare a încrederii” cu scopul de a contribui la promovarea companiilor autohtone pe piața UE, a facilita schimbul de experiență și a iniția noi relaţii de colaborare. În cadrul programului adițional al expoziției vor fi organizate degustări, master class, întrevederi bilaterale de afaceri, o conferință de presă, Bursa moldo-cehă de contacte de afaceri. De asemenea, în premieră, pentru importatorii și distribuitorii din Cehia va fi desfășurată prezentarea brandului ”Wine of Moldova”. ”Spre deosebire de marile companii vinicole din Republica Moldova, multe dintre care sunt cunoscute și apreciate pe piața externă, micii producători nu au posibilitatea de a-și expune vinurile la evenimente de o asemenea amploare. Deși produc vinuri în cantități limitate, acestea sunt foarte calitative. Datorită asistenței financiare a Uniunii Europene și PNUD oferite prin Programul «Susținerea Măsurilor de Promovare a Încrederii», alături de companiile mari, la standul colectiv participă și GŢ «Iurco Roman Petru», ÎI «Ilie Gogu», SRL «Vinaria Nobila», SRL «Equinox», SRL «Vinoteca & Co». Întreprinzătorii de pe ambele maluri ale Nistrului vor avea posibilitatea să își promoveze vinăriile, să atragă turiști, să facă schimb de experiență, dar și să stabilească relații de colaborare între ei”, a precizat Marina Petrova, directorul Direcției Expoziții și Târguri a CCI, Marina Petrova. 23 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook
Data Journalism Bootcamp, Chișinău, November 22-23, 2013
Deadline - November 4, 2013