- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Lao PDR
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Research & Publications
- News Center
Showing 41 - 52 of 52
25 Apr 2012
The initiative, titled "The Development Of Religious Discourse For Sustainable Development," will improve religious leaders' role in development and encourage the participation of the public through a series of workshops geared to provide the necessary understanding of development and its impact on society.
11 Apr 2012
A new feature-length documentary film -- the first to include footage filmed in every country on earth captured all on the same day, and created with the help of the United Nations and an international community of filmmakers --is to debut on Earth Day, April 22, 2012 at screenings in more than 160 countries worldwide.
22 Mar 2012
In cooperation with Kuwait Global Warming Team, UNDP Kuwait supported the celebration of Earth Hour during Kuwait’s Environmental Month along with several other agencies and actors.
06 Feb 2012
Young people around the world are deeply concerned about a lack of job opportunities and are calling for an increase in investment in this area, according to the latest World Youth Report, issued today by the United Nations. In the aftermath of the economic crisis, the global youth unemployment rate saw its largest annual increase on record in 2009, resulting in around 75.8 million unemployed youth.
08 Dec 2011
The United Nations Development Programme in Kuwait is proud to celebrate Human Rights Day on the 10th of December 2011. As the promotion of human rights is a fundamental goal of the United Nations, Human Rights are intrinsic to the work of the United Nations Development Programme in Kuwait.
21 Nov 2011
"This is an annual workshop held every year in which many international experts participate. The traffic situation is important. All related institutes should cooperate to find the important solutions and reduce losses in lives and finance."
16 Nov 2011
The opening press conference took place on November 16th at the UN House in Mishref and was hosted by The UNDP Kuwait. Opening remarks were conducted by Dr. Adam Abdelmoula, UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative in Kuwait, by the co-director of the Green Caravan Film Festival, Sandra Al-Saleh and the Chief of the UN-Habitat office in Kuwait Dr. Tarek A. El- Sheikh.
11 Nov 2011
With the oil industry and the public sector being a leading contributor to Gross Domestic Product (GDP), the role of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the economy has been modest in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries including Kuwait.
18 Oct 2011
A very remarkable year has passed since we gathered here a year ago to celebrate UN Day. The Arab region has been experiencing a defining moment in its modern history. It is a year of rejuvenated hopes for dignity and better future. The UN stands ready to support the Arab people in attaining social justice, dignity, and freedom during these transitions.
31 Jul 2011
As a key development partner for the State of Kuwait, the United Nations Development Programme is pleased to present Seeking Sustainability and Cost Efficiency: A UNDP Environment Programme for Kuwait as a blueprint for coordinated and targeted action towards achieving some of Kuwait’s most significant environmental goals.
28 Jun 2011
UNDP is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 166 countries, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. As they develop local capacity, they draw on the people of UNDP and our wide range of partners.
29 Oct 2008
The State of Kuwait plays a significant and leading role amongst Arab States in terms of awareness, advocacy and recognition of disabilities and inclusion and in 1996, a “Disability Law” was officially passed which paved the way for the creation of “The Higher Council for the Disabled Affairs (HCDA)”. There are currently 27,000 registered persons with disabilities in Kuwait benefiting from a diverse range of benefits and services that guarantee their inclusion as well as positive contribution to the Kuwaiti society.
Email : email@example.com Fax: +965 2539 9357
Contact UNDP in KuwaitMedia Inquiries Phone: +965 2530 8000
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: +965 2539 9357
- The crisis in water and sanitation overwhelmingly affects the poor. We are working to reduce community tensions through the provision of basic social services and improving the livelihoods of local communities. Learn more: http://on.undp.org/GbRZ9 © Benoit Almeras-Martino / Le PNUD en République démocratique du Congo 12 hours ago
- With 12 million Syrians needing assistance, the Syria crisis is the largest political, humanitarian and development challenge of our time. Our just launched Syria Regional Refugee and Resilience Plan (Syria3RP) will address the needs of refugees while building the resilience of vulnerable people and communities impacted by the crisis. Learn more at: http://www.3rpsyriacrisis.org © UNHCR Yesterday AT 04:30 PM
- Elena is one of the 97 witnesses who have given their testimony during a trial for genocide and crimes against humanity in 2013. With support from our Transitional Justice Programme, for the first time in the country’s history, Elena and other women from the Mayan town of Ixil shared their stories of sexual violence. Learn more: http://on.undp.org/G6VR4 © PNUD Guatemala Yesterday AT 11:00 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook