Gender - Responsive Budgeting Workshop
Within the scope of activities for the EU funded project “Enhancing women participation in Peace building and post conflict planning” implemented in partnership between UN Women- EU and UNDP, on Monday, 23 September UNDP Gender team held a workshop on gender-responsive budgeting as a follow up and finalization of the of Dialogue with Men’s, Women’s and Youth groups activities.
The participants of the workshop included NGO representatives from the municipalities with their respective gender officials, as well as UN Women staff. The workshop included in-depth presentations on the definitions, goals, tools and best practices of gender budgeting, which were followed by group work where the participants shared ideas on how to make the municipal budgets for the year 2014 as gender-responsive as possible.
- We decided to mark this day by mobilizing volunteers and civil society and supporting the Elderly House in Pristina. The Elderly House was created in 1967 and, until recently, it was the only institution offering care and support to elderly persons in Kosovo. Today the house hosts 83 persons of different ethnicities and despite the support from the institutions, its personnel are still facing many challenges in guaranteeing adequate response to the numerous needs of its residents. 7 hours ago
- In order to further support Kosovo’s economic development, support capacity building of private sector, farmers and other stakeholders, UNDP’s “Aid for Trade” project distributed 28 milking machines to women farmers in the municipality of Shtërpcë/Štrpce. Read more on the following link.. 15 December AT 08:36 AM
- Kindly be informed that we have published the Corruption Risk Assessment in the Health Sector jointly with Kosovo Anti-Corruption Agency and Boston School of Public Health. The assessment report was conducted to understand how corruption manifests itself in the healthcare system in Kosovo. Moreover, the assessment reveals where corruption risks exist in this sector in order to devise strategies to address the underlying governance & anti-corruption bottlenecks. 12 December AT 08:03 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook
- 07 Mar 2014:International Women's Day
- 30 May 2013:Women’s Empowerment to Environmental Justice
- 13 Feb 2013:Civil Society Organisations Benefit Grants to Empower Women in Kosovo