Exhibition of Women Artists Opened at the Assembly of Kosovo
he Women Caucus of the Assembly of Kosovo and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), respectively the Parliamentary Development for Social Policies (PDSP) Project, organized an exhibition titled "The Women and the Art". This exhibition included artistic works of the following painters: Magbule Xhemajli, Ardiana Kika, Edona Blakaj, Lendita Zeqiraj and Miradije Morina Berbatovci.
The Head of the Women Caucus Ms. Teuta Sahatqija opened the exhibition emphasizing that the Assembly of Kosovo is the house of the people and it should provide support to women artists and give them the deserved respect and acknowledgement for their tremendous work.
In his welcoming speech, the President of the Assembly of Kosovo, Dr. Jakup Krasniqi focused on the activities of the Women Caucus re-affirming his support to the efforts of this group to emancipate women and the society in general, especially in the field of social and institutional equality.
Exhibition was honoured by the presence and a speech by the President of Kosovo, Ms. Atifete Jahjaga who congratulated the Women Caucus for their commitment in giving a deserved place, value and publicity to women's creativity.
UN Development Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative, Ms. Osnat Lubrani, addressed the participants emphasizing Women Caucus valuable contribution to increase and empower the role of women.
The exhibition was another activity from numerous ones implemented by the Women Caucus centering on empowerment, awareness raising and added visibility of gender issues in Kosovo.
At the end of the ceremony, Women Caucus presented certificates of appreciations to its greatest supporters, Mr. Jakup Krasniqi, UNDP, OSCE, and NDI.
- DEED and ALMP Steering Committees Yesterday AT 04:01 AM
- Siguria ne shkollat ne Kryeqytet VIDEO: PROJEKTI "PULSI PUBLIK" NGA UNDP http://www.rtklive.com/?id=27&r=17576 19 January AT 09:07 AM
- Action Paper on violence and security in public schools of the Municipality of Pristina | UNDP... 16 January AT 04:49 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook
- 07 Mar 2014:International Women's Day
- 30 May 2013:Women’s Empowerment to Environmental Justice
- 13 Feb 2013:Civil Society Organisations Benefit Grants to Empower Women in Kosovo