- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 21 - 38 of 38
13 Jun 2013
Local Disaster Management Committees were established in Tekeli town, Syrymbet and Karabulak villages within the framework of the project on community-based disaster risk reduction.
10 Jun 2013
With the support of the UNDP-GEF project "City of Almaty Sustainable Transport" velo-competitions for children dedicated to the International Children's Day and World Environment Day were conducted on a spare stadium of Almaty Central Stadium.
08 Jun 2013
The official designation of World Oceans Day is an opportunity to raise global awareness of the challenges faced by the international community in connection with the oceans.
06 Jun 2013
Head of Energy and Environment Unit of UNDP Kazakhstan received an award from Ministry of Environmental Protection of RK
Our congratulations to Head of Energy and Environment Unit Stanislav Kim who received an award from Ministry of Environmental Protection of Kazakhstan for his personal contribution to environmental protection.
05 Jun 2013
World Environment Day is an annual event that is aimed at being the biggest and most widely celebrated global day for positive environmental action. World Environment Day activities take place all year round and climax on 5 June every year, involving everyone from everywhere.
04 Jun 2013
Winners of a regional competition among dog handlers from Central Asia organised by the EU-UNDP Border Management Programme in Central Asia (BOMCA) jointly with the Dog Handling Centre of the Customs Control Committee under the Ministry of Finance of Kazakhstan and the US Embassy, were awarded with prizes.
- 31 May 2013
31 May 2013
On World No Tobacco Day, 31 May, UN is calling for countries to ban all forms of tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship to help reduce the number of tobacco users. Tobacco use kills nearly 6 million people every year.
30 May 2013
The national workshop of all Kazakhstan regional mediators which are getting together to discuss the art of mediation development in the country will take place in Astana on 31 May 2013.
29 May 2013
In 2002, the UN General Assembly proclaimed May 29 as the International Day of UN Peacekeepers. This day is intended to pay tribute to the sacrifice and selfless devotion of peacekeepers serving around the world. It marks the fact that the UN has been done in various countries to alleviate the suffering and reconciliation of warring parties.
27 May 2013
May 29 Astana will witness round table aimed to present new initiatives on Law on public services. At the roundtable the issues of the expansion of rights and obligations of consumers of public services, improvement of the requirements to the standard and rules of public service, development of a new Register of public services will be discussed.
24 May 2013
UNDP Administrator Helen Clark has been ranked 21 in the list of The World’s 100 most Powerful Women composed by Forbes Magazine
Forbes Magazine names UN Development Chief Helen Clark one of the world’s 100 most powerful women for a ninth year, citing her focus on gender equality to promote sustainable growth and reduce poverty.
14 May 2013
Heads and Instructors of Customs Academies and Training Centers from Central Asia Meet in Astana to Discuss Training of Customs Officers
Heads and instructors from Customs Training Institutions in five Central Asian states, - Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan participate in a Regional workshop, arranged by the EU-UNDP Border Management Programme in Central Asia (BOMCA) with the International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD).
04 Apr 2013
In Kazakhstan, about 65% of residential buildings consume 2-3 times more energy than in Europe, UNDP project manager Bayan Abulkhairova announced at the scientific and practical conference "Energy audit and energy management - a component of sustainable energy development" in Astana.
28 Mar 2013
UN Joint Programme in East Kazakhstan oblast (EKO) in close cooperation with regional authorities held the round table “Local self-government as a factor of regional development in East Kazakhstan oblast” in Ust-Kamenogorsk on 28th March.
24 Mar 2013
"Customs clearance of energy resources and goods transferred within investment contracts" Workshop in Kazakhstan
Fifty-two participants representing customs services from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Russia and Ukraine, as well as representatives of private sector (oil and gas companies) from Kazakhstan were trained in international shipment of strategic goods including energy resources.
03 Dec 2012
In the wake of the 2013 high-level meeting on disability and development, the International Day of Persons with Disabilities provides an opportunity to bring global attention to the situation of persons with disabilities, to create a strategic vision and to plan for disability-inclusive development.
16 Nov 2011
UNDP Resident Representative in Kazakhstan Speech on the occasion of the Launch of the 2011 Global Human Development Report.
- Dear colleagues, Please be kindly informed that the Akim of EKO Mr. D. Akhmetov has awarded our colleague Zhanna Zhibrayeva with "Shapagat" medal at the meeting devoted to Independence Day of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Please join us in congratulating Zhanna Zhibrayeva with her award for contribution to development of the region and wish her all the best! Medal "Shapagat" (Kazakh “Shapagat” - mercy) is a state award of the Republic of Kazakhstan, established on the basis of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On State Awards of the Republic of Kazakhstan" dated December 12, 1995 for number 2676. Medal awarded to citizens for active and fruitful charity and mercy. Құрметті әріптестер, Тәуелсіздік Күніне орай ШҚО әкімшілігінің жиналысында ШҚО әкімі Даниал Ахметов мырза біздің әріптесіміз Жибраева Жанна Жағфарқызына Шапағат медалін ұсынды. ШҚО өңірінің дамуына үлесін қосып жүрген еңбегі үшін алған марапатымен әріпесіміз Жанна Жағыфар қызын құттықтай отырып, қажымас қайрат, зор денсаулық тілегіміз келеді «Шапағат» медалі «Қазақстан Республикасының мемлекеттік наградалары туралы» Қазақстан Республикасы заң (12.12.1995) жүзінде белгіленді. Медальмен азаматтар белсенді де жемісті қамқоршылық қызметі мен қайырымдылық ісі үшін марапатталады. Уважаемые коллеги, Позвольте сообщить Вам радостную новость! На активе акимата Восточно – Казахстанской области, посвященному Дню Независимости Республики Казахстан, наша коллега Жибраева Жанна Жагфаровна получила медаль «Шапагат» из рук акима ВКО Даниала Ахметова. Мы поздравляем сердечно нашу коллегу за высокую оценку ее работы и вклад в развитие региона. Желаем ей крепкого здоровья и дальнейших успехов в работе! Медаль «Шапагат» (каз. Шапағат — Милосердие) — государственная награда Республики Казахстан, учреждённая на основании Закона Республики Казахстан «О государственных наградах Республики Казахстан» от 12 декабря 1995 года за № 2676. Медалью награждаются граждане за активную и плодотворную благотворительную деятельность и милосердие. 14 hours ago
- Dear Friends, Please accept congratulations on Independence Day and wishes of togetherness, well-being and prosperity. Уважаемые друзья, Примите искренние поздравления с Днем независимости Республики Казахстан и желания сплоченности, благополучия и процветания. 14 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook