- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- CÃ´te d'Ivoire
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Lao PDR
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- SÃ£o TomÃ© and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- About Us
- Research & Publications
- News Center
Showing 61 - 80 of 94
25 Nov 2013
UNDP Presents Municipal Needs Assessment in Irbid and Mafraq Governorates in support to the Jordanian communities hosting Syrian refugees
During a meeting chaired by HE the Minister of Municipalities Affairs, Eng. Wlid Almasri, and attended by the Country Director of UNDP, Ms. Zena Ali Ahmad, and the Director of the Local Development Directorate at the Ministry of Interior,The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) presented a Municipal Needs Assessment Report, conducted in Mafraq and Irbid Governorates from August to November 2013.
12 Nov 2013
UNDP and Ruwwad Micro-Venture Fund hold a graduation ceremony for 60 trainees successfully completing the “Planning your own Small Business” workshops in Mafraq Governorate
UNDP and Ruwwad Micro-Venture Fund (RMVF) organized a graduation ceremony at the Greater Municipality Hall in Mafraq, for 60 trainees who successfully completed the first two rounds of “Planning your own Small Business” Training Workshops, as part of the “Mitigating the Impact of the Syrian Refugee Crisis on the Jordanian Host Communities" Project.
05 Nov 2013
With a chance to turn their dreams into reality, over 50 young Jordanians from Ajloun took part in a five-day training course where they were given professional advice on how to set-up their own small businesses.
04 Nov 2013
For guidance and advice in the preparation of the National Food Security Strategy, UNDP convened a workshop where the strategy’s content, vision and objectives have been reviewed with major stakeholders.
04 Nov 2013
UNDP Jordan holds a Graduation ceremony for 57 trainees in the micro-businesses and entrepreneurial initiatives program
Under the auspices of the embassy of Japan, The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), in cooperation with the Ministry of Interior and Ruwwad Micro-Venture Fund (RMVF), organized a graduation ceremony for the trainees of the micro-businesses and entrepreneurial initiatives program, at The Ajloun Teachers’ Club.
29 Sep 2013
UNDP Jordan launches with Ruwwad for Development its programme on microbusinesses and entrepreneurial initiatives to help reduce unemployment in Jordan
Dr. Zena Ali-Ahmad, UNDP Jordan Country Director, and Mr Fadi Ghandour, Founder and Chairman of Ruwwad for Development and Ruwwad Micro Venture Fund, signed a cooperation agreement that aims to address youth unemployment through microbusiness creation and development.
19 Aug 2013
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Ministry of Labor (MOL) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Monday, to establish a One Stop Shop in Al Tafileh Labor Directorate Employment Section and offer training for the staff to manage and operate the center.
14 Aug 2013
Memorandum of Understanding between UNDP and Ministry of Municipal Affairs to help support host communities in Mafraq and Irbid
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs on Wednesday 7 August 2013. The MOU aims at enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of basic municipal services provided in the host community, including solid waste management services.
02 Jul 2013
‘Reform-oriented knowledge amid political transitions: The role of think tanks in supporting policy dialogue and consensus building’ forum held in Amman, 2 – 4 July 2013 is organised by the UNDP Oslo Governance Centre and the Foundation for the Future.
01 Jul 2013
UNDP Jordan has participated in “The National Agriculture Conference 2013: Opportunities and Challenges” on Monday July 1st 2013.
30 Jun 2013
Prime Minister, Dr. Abduallah Nsour has launched the new national anti-corruption strategy 2013-2017
23 May 2013
Reducing Disaster Risk and Building Resilient Communities – The Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction
The Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction, 19-23 May 2013, Geneva, is now the world′s foremost gathering of governments and professionals committed to reducing disaster risk and building the resilience of communities and nations.
14 May 2013
His Excellency Eng. Ahmad Al Qatarneh, Secretary General of the Ministry of Environment, stated in his opening remarks “This policy is considered the first of its kind in the field of climate change in the Middle East,
29 Apr 2013
In 2012, UNDP and the Higher Council for Youth started the implementation of the Youth Participation in Local Governance project.
10 Apr 2013
Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah opened today the regional Arab Development Forum in Jordan launched by the United Nations Development Group (UNDG) as part of the worldwide UN led consultations on the global development agenda beyond 2015, when the current Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) expire.
09 Apr 2013
Showcasing UNDP’s achievements on ground in the Arab states, UNDP organized a Knowledge Exchange Exhibit
04 Apr 2013
UN development official Helen Clark to visit Jordan to discuss development priorities in the Arab Region
The Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Chair of the United Nations Development Group (UNDG), Helen Clark arrives in Amman on 7 April 2013, on her first official visit to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
20 Mar 2013
Opening Remarks by Jordan Ryan - Director of the Bureau for Crisis Prevention and Recovery in the UNDP at the Arab Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction in Aqaba, Jordan
19 Mar 2013
Aqaba – More than 250 Representatives from the Arab States region gather today in Jordan for three days to agree on a common Arab position on the region’s input to the international framework for disaster risk reduction which will be agreed at the 2015 World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction. The 1st Arab Regional Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction is being held under the Patronage of Her Royal Highness Princess Sumaya bint El Hassan, President of the Royal Scientific Society.
13 Mar 2013
The “UNDP-ILO Consultation on Employment and Decent Work in the Context of the Post 2015 Debate in Jordan” is one in a series of
- زيارة وفد حكومي لدولة الامارات العربية المتحدة للاطلاع على الخدمات الحكومية الذكية زار وفد حكومي أردني دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة في جولة دراسية للحصول على مزيد من المعرفة وتبادل الخبرات حول الخدمات الحكومية الذكية. وقد تمت الزيارة في الفترة الواقعة ما بين 8-12 شباط بدعم من برنامج الامم المتحدة الانمائي مكتب الأردن حيث تمكن المسئولون الحكوميون من وزارات المالية والشؤون البلدية من التعرف على الممارسات الفضلى في مجال اللامركزية وإدارة العائدات البلدية في المنطقة. ونظرا للتشابه ما بين دولة الامارات والأردن فيما يتعلق بطبيعة الممارسات الحكومية المرتبطة بتكنولوجيا المعلومات ونهوض دولة الامارات في تطبيق حلول تكنولوجيا المعلومات والاتصالات لتعزيز الخدمات ورضا المواطن، تم تحديد الإمارات العربية المتحدة كالوجهة الأكثر ملائمة لهذه الزيارة. A Delegation of Government Officials Visits UAE to Observe Smart Government Services A delegation of four government officials visited UAE on a study tour to gain more knowledge about smart government services. Supported by UNDP Jordan, the study tour took place from 8-12 February and enabled the government officials from ministries of Finance and Municipal Affairs to observe the best practices in decentralization and municipal revenue management in the region. Given its contextual similarity to Jordan and the country's advancement in applying ICT solutions to enhance service delivery and citizen satisfaction, UAE was identified as the most suitable destination to observe. 24 February AT 07:39 AM
- الوفد الحكومي الاردني اثناء زيارة دولة الامارات العربية المتحدة للاطلاع على خدمات الحكومة الذكية The Jordanian government officials during the study tour to UAE to observe the smart government services Photo taken by Rashad Kamel 24 February AT 07:39 AM
- الوفد الحكومي الاردني يطلع على تطبيقات خدمات الحكومة الذكية The government officials exploring on the ground the application of smart government services Photo taken by Rashad Kamel 24 February AT 07:39 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook