- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Support to national tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS control programmes
There are an estimated 16,000 tuberculosis (TB) cases in Iraq of which 7,200 are infectious. This project addresses the identiﬁed gaps in ﬁnancing Iraq's National Tuberculosis Control Programme and expands and strengthens the government’s comprehensive response to TB.
The project intends to increase social equity across the country for TB patients and provide serivces for all, free of charge. Despite the low prevalence of HIV/AIDS in Iraq, this project also supports the national programme to develop a ﬁve year strategic plan to combat HIV/AIDS.
What have we accomplished so far?
- Trained Health Care providers and private practitioners on TB care.
- Renovated six TB clinics and two hospitals.
- Started treatment of Multi-Drug Resistant TB cases inside Iraq.
- Established ﬁve culture laboratories capable of isolating the bacteria causing the illness.
- Supplied X-ray machines, laboratory equipment and pharmaceuticals to hospitals
|The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
|UNDG Iraq Trust Fund||US$ 104,954|
In 2012, this project delivered US$ 5,402,024.