Jobless Growth in India "Worrying" for Policy Makers
The economic growth that India has experienced over the last ten years has, many would say, been impressive, but there are concerns that too few new jobs have been created to meet the needs of the country's massive population of 800 million.
The growth has lifted millions of people out of poverty, but large inequalities persist. The United Nations has one of its largest country programmes in India which is a key testing ground for UN development initiatives. Daniel Dickinson has been speaking to Lise Grande, the UN Resident Coordinator. He began by asking her about the main success stories.
- 19 Feb 2015:6 Journalists Bag Government of India-UNDP Media Fellowships on Decentralized Planning-2015
- 09 Feb 2015:Helen Clark: Speech at the Launch of the Tsunami Global Lessons Learned Project Disaster Recovery Toolkit
- 05 Feb 2015:Secretary-General's Remarks to the Fifteenth Delhi Sustainable Development Summit [Delivered by Videolink]
- 05 Feb 2015:UNDP at the Delhi Sustainable Development Summit 2015
- 03 Feb 2015:2015 Human Development Report: Rethinking Work for Human Development