Jobless Growth in India "Worrying" for Policy Makers
The economic growth that India has experienced over the last ten years has, many would say, been impressive, but there are concerns that too few new jobs have been created to meet the needs of the country's massive population of 800 million.
The growth has lifted millions of people out of poverty, but large inequalities persist. The United Nations has one of its largest country programmes in India which is a key testing ground for UN development initiatives. Daniel Dickinson has been speaking to Lise Grande, the UN Resident Coordinator. He began by asking her about the main success stories.
About Lise Grande
Lise Grande is the UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative in India.
- 27 Jan 2015:UNDP Tribute to RK Laxman
- 26 Jan 2015:2015 a ‘Once in a Generation Opportunity’ for Sustainable Development
- 22 Jan 2015:Helen Clark: Speech on Year of Tough Choices for World Leaders
- 22 Jan 2015:Helen Clark: Speech on “How Can We Prevent Rising Income Inequality from Weakening Our Societies?”
- 20 Jan 2015:National Voter’s Fest: Glimpses from India’s General Elections 2014