Jobless Growth in India "Worrying" for Policy Makers
The economic growth that India has experienced over the last ten years has, many would say, been impressive, but there are concerns that too few new jobs have been created to meet the needs of the country's massive population of 800 million.
The growth has lifted millions of people out of poverty, but large inequalities persist. The United Nations has one of its largest country programmes in India which is a key testing ground for UN development initiatives. Daniel Dickinson has been speaking to Lise Grande, the UN Resident Coordinator. He began by asking her about the main success stories.
- 22 Mar 2015:UN Secretary-General Message on World Water Day
- 20 Mar 2015:Global Launch of the World Water Development Report 2015 in India
- 20 Mar 2015:Urgent Need to Manage Water More Sustainably, Says UN Report
- 20 Mar 2015:The Water Man of India Wins 2015 Stockholm Water Prize
- 14 Mar 2015:Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction 2015: Towards a Global Framework to Reduce Disaster Risk