Jobless Growth in India "Worrying" for Policy Makers
The economic growth that India has experienced over the last ten years has, many would say, been impressive, but there are concerns that too few new jobs have been created to meet the needs of the country's massive population of 800 million.
The growth has lifted millions of people out of poverty, but large inequalities persist. The United Nations has one of its largest country programmes in India which is a key testing ground for UN development initiatives. Daniel Dickinson has been speaking to Lise Grande, the UN Resident Coordinator. He began by asking her about the main success stories.
About Lise Grande
Lise Grande is the UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative in India.
- 17 Dec 2014:Partnering Community-Led Organizations of the Socially Excluded: Towards Making Growth Just and Inclusive
- 15 Dec 2014:Thousands of Volunteers Clean Up the Yamuna River
- 10 Dec 2014:Government of India and UNDP Media Fellowships on Decentralized Planning - 2015
- 06 Dec 2014:National Consultation on Enhancing Knowledge and Innovation for Effective Disaster Risk Reduction
- 05 Dec 2014:Register Now to Make Change Happen!