Measuring Poverty: Ajay Chhibber on ‘India Business Report,’ BBC World
‘Although the income measure has been able to reduce poverty in India significantly, it is not enough to address the issue of poverty. The Multidimensional Poverty Index, developed by UNDP in collaboration with scholars at Oxford, looks at deprivations other than income, and should be taken into account together with the income indicator to measure poverty,” says Ajay Chhibber UN Assistant Secretary-General and UNDP Assistant Administrator in an interview to ‘India Business Report,’ BBC World.
2011 Global Human Development Report: Inequalities and Environmental Challenges Threaten Progress in Asia, Pacific
The 2011 Global Human Development Report was launched in New Delhi by Jairam Ramesh, Minister of Rural Development, Government of India. The report argues that the intensification of environmental deterioration and social inequalities could erode progress made in raising living standards over the last few decades. Least developed countries could diverge from global patterns of progress by 2050.
- 19 Feb 2015:6 Journalists Bag Government of India-UNDP Media Fellowships on Decentralized Planning-2015
- 09 Feb 2015:Helen Clark: Speech at the Launch of the Tsunami Global Lessons Learned Project Disaster Recovery Toolkit
- 05 Feb 2015:UNDP at the Delhi Sustainable Development Summit 2015
- 05 Feb 2015:Secretary-General's Remarks to the Fifteenth Delhi Sustainable Development Summit [Delivered by Videolink]
- 03 Feb 2015:2015 Human Development Report: Rethinking Work for Human Development