Measuring Poverty: Ajay Chhibber on ‘India Business Report,’ BBC World
‘Although the income measure has been able to reduce poverty in India significantly, it is not enough to address the issue of poverty. The Multidimensional Poverty Index, developed by UNDP in collaboration with scholars at Oxford, looks at deprivations other than income, and should be taken into account together with the income indicator to measure poverty,” says Ajay Chhibber UN Assistant Secretary-General and UNDP Assistant Administrator in an interview to ‘India Business Report,’ BBC World.
2011 Global Human Development Report: Inequalities and Environmental Challenges Threaten Progress in Asia, Pacific
The 2011 Global Human Development Report was launched in New Delhi by Jairam Ramesh, Minister of Rural Development, Government of India. The report argues that the intensification of environmental deterioration and social inequalities could erode progress made in raising living standards over the last few decades. Least developed countries could diverge from global patterns of progress by 2050.
- 27 Jan 2015:UNDP Tribute to RK Laxman
- 26 Jan 2015:2015 a ‘Once in a Generation Opportunity’ for Sustainable Development
- 22 Jan 2015:Helen Clark: Speech on “How Can We Prevent Rising Income Inequality from Weakening Our Societies?”
- 22 Jan 2015:Helen Clark: Speech on Year of Tough Choices for World Leaders
- 20 Jan 2015:National Voter’s Fest: Glimpses from India’s General Elections 2014