Measuring Poverty: Ajay Chhibber on ‘India Business Report,’ BBC World
‘Although the income measure has been able to reduce poverty in India significantly, it is not enough to address the issue of poverty. The Multidimensional Poverty Index, developed by UNDP in collaboration with scholars at Oxford, looks at deprivations other than income, and should be taken into account together with the income indicator to measure poverty,” says Ajay Chhibber UN Assistant Secretary-General and UNDP Assistant Administrator in an interview to ‘India Business Report,’ BBC World.
2011 Global Human Development Report: Inequalities and Environmental Challenges Threaten Progress in Asia, Pacific
The 2011 Global Human Development Report was launched in New Delhi by Jairam Ramesh, Minister of Rural Development, Government of India. The report argues that the intensification of environmental deterioration and social inequalities could erode progress made in raising living standards over the last few decades. Least developed countries could diverge from global patterns of progress by 2050.
- 17 Dec 2014:Partnering Community-Led Organizations of the Socially Excluded: Towards Making Growth Just and Inclusive
- 15 Dec 2014:Thousands of Volunteers Clean Up the Yamuna River
- 10 Dec 2014:Government of India and UNDP Media Fellowships on Decentralized Planning - 2015
- 06 Dec 2014:National Consultation on Enhancing Knowledge and Innovation for Effective Disaster Risk Reduction
- 05 Dec 2014:Register Now to Make Change Happen!