More than 40 developing countries have made greater human development gains in recent decades than would have been predicted.
Round table on the Human Development Report 2013
“The Rise of the South: Human Progress in a Diverse World" - Brussels, 23 April at 17h00
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Office in Brussels has the pleasure to announce the presentation of the UNDP Human Development Report 2013.
The report will be presented by Mr. Olav Kjørven, Assistant Secretary-General and Director of the Bureau for Development Policy at the United Nations Development Programme. The presentation will be followed by comments from a high-level panel with the participation of:
- Mr. Stephan Auer, Director for Multilateral Relations and Global Issues, European External Action Service
- H.E. Ismat Jahan, Ambassador for Bangladesh to Belgium, Luxembourg and the European Union
- Mr. Gustavo Martin Prada, Director, Division for Development Policy, DG DEVCO, European Commission
- Introduction and Moderated by: Dr. Andrew M. Fischer, Senior Lecturer in Population and Social Policy, Convenor of the Social Policy for Development Major, Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), and Council Member, Development Studies Association of the UK and Ireland (DSA)
- When: Tuesday, 23 April 2013, at 17h00
- Where: At « Residence Palace », International Press Centre (IPC) Polak Room, 155 Rue de la Loi, 1040 Brussels (Metro station Schuman)
If you would like to attend, please register by 16 April 2013 at the latest.