Results of the UNDP-EU partnership
More information about UNDP-EU partnership in different thematic areas can be found in the sections Democratic Governance and Peacebuilding, Sustainable Development, and Climate and Disaster Resilience. All of these sections also include concrete results that have been achieved with the support of the partnership.
Success stories of the UNDP-EU partnership from the field can also be found in Our Stories, and results and stories related to the wider partnership of the UN and the EU are documented in the annual UN-EU Partnership Reports. Another source is of course the UNDP Country Office websites.
Below, we list some important, joint multi-year initiatives. Since our partnership covers over 100 countries, and spans over 15 years, it is impossible to present all the results that have been achieved with the support of the UNDP-EU partnership.
Initiatives managed by UNDP Brussels
The Joint Migration and Development Initiative (JMDI), funded by the EU and the Swiss Development Agency, brings together the expertise of five other UN agencies – IOM, ILO, UNHCR, UNFPA and UN Women in the area of migration and development.
To effectively support the election cycle in countries, the EU-UNDP partnership includes a Joint Task Force on Electoral Assistance (JTF). The JTF is formed by staff from the European Commission and UNDP and it is based in Brussels.
UNDP and EU are working together on a global programme - Parliamentary Action on Renewable Energy - which helps parliaments in Africa, the Arab States and in South Asia to draft policy frameworks in support of renewable energy and climate change mitigation. A leading portal for the parliamentary development community - AGORA connects Members of Parliament, parliamentary staff and civil society organizations with international organizations, parliamentary development experts and professionals to ensure cooperation and the exchange of knowledge and best practices.
UNDP's Articulation of Territorial Networks for Sustainable Human Development (ART Programme), which focuses on local authorities and local development, is also present at the UNDP Brussels office. In Brussels, UNDP ART builds networks and partnerships with European regions and cities, and works closely with the EU itself, with the aim of supporting local authorities in developing countries.
A joint initiative of the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States (ACP), EU and UNDP - the Development Minerals Programme - helps foster the sustainable and inclusive development of the small-scale mineral resources industry in ACP countries.
- 27 May 2016:Ukraine efforts to restore governance and reconciliation in eastern regions receive additional boost from the EU
- 17 May 2016:EU-funded initiative to support open and secure borders between Armenia and Georgia
- 28 Apr 2016:EU and UNDP promote confidence building through cultural protection in Kosovo
- Small holder farmers grow 50% of world's cocoa. But they remain in poverty and don't get much return for the bean that is the heart of the global chocolate trade. We're changing this in the Dominican Republic: #GlobalGoals | UNDP in Latin America and the Caribbean 15 hours ago
- "I immediately ran to apply for the job and here I am today”. Nadire loves her job as a marble tiles painter in her home town of #Kosovo. Repatriated from Germany, she now makes enough money to support the eight members of her family. Women like Nadire make up around 30% of people in our job training programmes in UNDP Kosovo and this figure is on the rise: #ShareHumaity | #GenderEquality | #SDGs Yesterday AT 08:50 PM
- "See more posts on"Facebook