Results of the UNDP-EU partnership
More information about UNDP-EU partnership in different thematic areas can be found in the sections Democratic Governance, Poverty Reduction, Crisis Prevention & Recovery, and Environment & Energy. All of these sections also include concrete results that have been achieved with the support of the partnership.
Success stories of the UNDP-EU partnership from the field can also be found in Our Stories, and results and stories related to the wider partnership of the UN and the EU are documented in the annual UN-EU Partnership Reports. Another source is of course the UNDP Country Office websites.
Below, we list some important, joint multi-year initiatives. Since our partnership covers over 100 countries, and spans over 15 years, it is impossible to present all the results that have been achieved with the support of the UNDP-EU partnership.
Initiatives managed by UNDP Brussels
Joint Migration and Development Initiative: The Joint Migration and Development Initiative (JMDI) was founded in 2008 and is implemented by UNDP in partnership with IOM, ILO, UNFPA, UNHCR and UNWOMEN. The initiative, which is funded by the EU and the Swiss Development Agency, represents a strategic partnership between the organizations. The overall objective of the JMDI is to support civil society organizations and local authorities seeking to contribute to linking migration and development.
Joint Task Force on Electoral Assistance: To effectively support the election cycle in countries, the EU-UNDP partnership includes a Joint Task Force on Electoral Assistance (JTF). The JTF is formed by staff from the European Commission and UNDP and it is based in Brussels.
UNDP ART in Brussels: "ART" is a global UNDP initiative that promotes sustainable human development at the local level. In Brussels, UNDP ART has been present since September 2012. Brussels is a hub for European affairs, and in addition to the EU-institutions, many European regions and cities are present in Brussels. Through the gateway that UNDP ART provides, its presence in Brussels has been able to engage more effectively with European actors involved in local development.
UNDP-EU initiatives managed by UNDP Offices worldwide
- 25 Jun 2015:UN agencies and partners say funding shortage leaves Syrian refugees and host nations without vital support
- 24 Jun 2015:UNDP’s Drogba vs Malaria campaign wins EACA Care Award
- 18 Jun 2015:Statement by UNDP Administrator Helen Clark on Pope Francis Encyclical on the Evironment and the Poor
- Throughout history, humans have always used art as a tool to provoke social change and call for peace. Check out six tips to make art that builds peace. 44 minutes ago
- Do you remember our story about Raja, who cooks for a school and orphanage in India using solar power? Missed it? Watch the new video! 13 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook