Results of the UNDP-EU partnership
More information about UNDP-EU partnership in different thematic areas can be found in the sections Democratic Governance and Peacebuilding, Sustainable Development, and Climate and Disaster Resilience. All of these sections also include concrete results that have been achieved with the support of the partnership.
Success stories of the UNDP-EU partnership from the field can also be found in Our Stories, and results and stories related to the wider partnership of the UN and the EU are documented in the annual UN-EU Partnership Reports. Another source is of course the UNDP Country Office websites.
Below, we list some important, joint multi-year initiatives. Since our partnership covers over 100 countries, and spans over 15 years, it is impossible to present all the results that have been achieved with the support of the UNDP-EU partnership.
Initiatives managed by UNDP Brussels
The Joint Migration and Development Initiative (JMDI), funded by the EU and the Swiss Development Agency, brings together the expertise of five other UN agencies – IOM, ILO, UNHCR, UNFPA and UN Women in the area of migration and development.
To effectively support the election cycle in countries, the EU-UNDP partnership includes a Joint Task Force on Electoral Assistance (JTF). The JTF is formed by staff from the European Commission and UNDP and it is based in Brussels.
UNDP and EU are working together on a global programme - Parliamentary Action on Renewable Energy - which helps parliaments in Africa, the Arab States and in South Asia to draft policy frameworks in support of renewable energy and climate change mitigation.
UNDP's Articulation of Territorial Networks for Sustainable Human Development (ART Programme), which focuses on local authorities and local development, is also present at the UNDP Brussels office. In Brussels, UNDP ART builds networks and partnerships with European regions and cities, and works closely with the EU itself, with the aim of supporting local authorities in developing countries.
A recent joint initiative of the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States (ACP), EU and UNDP - "Capacity development of mineral institutions and of small-scale private sector operating in low-value minerals in African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries" - will help foster the sustainable and inclusive development of the small-scale mineral resources industry in ACP countries.
- 15 Jul 2015:Small-scale mining to help boost social and economic development in the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States
- 25 Jun 2015:UN agencies and partners say funding shortage leaves Syrian refugees and host nations without vital support
- 24 Jun 2015:UNDP’s Drogba vs Malaria campaign wins EACA Care Award
- Follow livestreaming of Helen Clark, the head of UNDP, opening the second Regular Session of our Executive Board, which is where we report back to donors and partners on the status of our year's programs. The Executive Board is also responsible for approving our workplans and country program documents for the types of projects we do in countries. about an hour ago
- The SDGs are a global call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all human beings enjoy peace and prosperity. about an hour ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook